Wackm tackle

Awesome but are they Canadian or US based? Man I hate when websites don't make it clear where they are located and what currency they are selling in...

Awesome but are they Canadian or US based? Man I hate when websites don't make it clear where they are located and what currency they are selling in...

As mentioned, Canadian guys. Costly, yes, but this is what your lures will look like if you use them 😂. Mainly because they are constantly getting bit! The custom colours definitely take fish! I usually buy clearance lures when I can and even my frugal self has been willing to shell out some dollars on whackum gear!

Attachments

• 5C5F2026-9A20-4DBA-B8CA-1C37291772DE.jpeg
    5C5F2026-9A20-4DBA-B8CA-1C37291772DE.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 137
I've seen the custom colours of RRF but have not bought any for $16. Black and gold do fine for 1/2 the cost.
I find the last few years the colour doesn’t matter as much. But a few years ago before the fishing got this crazy with these millions of walleye I remember a day out at the lighthouse where no one was catching anything and we put a wackem nascar ripplin on one of the 6 rods and that one lure caught 17 of the 18 walleye. All stock ripplins just washed even when fished identical set ups and depths.

sounds like the nascar was a winner that day lazywave..

just to mention
buddy took his case of vintage ripplin redfins collection out fishin a big school of rainbows inbetween glasgow & stanley.. we hooked over 25 rainbows and a coho..his vintage blue back white/chrome side and orange belly was the best colour for action that day.
He traded redfins & got alot off ebay to build up his collection that was a good day to use um..ya we took that day off work..

new picture download#1 001.JPGnew picture download#1 003.JPG

I think most serious erie fishermen think its to easy now to catch your limit of pickeral. I don't think there will be many complaints when they bring back one fishing line per person.

just to mention
buddy took his case of vintage ripplin redfins collection out fishin a big school of rainbows inbetween glasgow & stanley.. we hooked over 25 rainbows and a coho..his vintage blue back white/chrome side and orange belly was the best colour for action that day.
He traded redfins & got alot off ebay to build up his collection that was a good day to use um..ya we took that day off work..

View attachment 35362View attachment 35363
That old orange belly blue and silver ripplin sure was a good one. I won’t forget the day it broke off at the back of the boat and I had to watch a 7ish pound walleye swim away with that amazing lure. That colour and the old Michael Jackson ripplin (pink/purple/silver with a black back) sure were amazing. I wish Cotten cordell would start remaking those colour patterns

ya lazywave the colours on that old antique redfin was so unique..yes it was amazing..ya thats the risk of using one of your favourite producers and then loosing it...sorry to hear that.

my friend jeff has close to 50 redfins..maybe more.. He has a good selection.. I will ask him if he has the MJ next time....ya he brought his redfins along a few times when we fished together including the erieau derby.. usually using copper spoons.. somedays was the better choice fishin for chrome..

I've seen the custom colours of RRF but have not bought any for $16. Black and gold do fine for 1/2 the cost.
I was getting them on black and gold but that colour did slow down
That’s when we went lure shopping and learned about the custom ones

mr burns GIF

Sometimes ...you just have to show them something different

If guys still have some of the vintage colours ...or pictures ....there are enough people doing custom painting...you could have some made

....I had a fellow 68 member paint me 2 redfins in glow wonderbread

You guys looking for custom stuff maybe look at bakers boys baits. I haven’t bought anything from them yet but the patterns looks good for Erie. I may get some dispies done up and see if their is a difference. I’ve been experimenting with dipsy colour and snubber combinations with regards to spoon choices for a couple years with good results. Oh and Mick I used the blue and chrome ripplin to target bows this year and it got hammered, this was my youngest sons first rainbow off the 7 colour in about 43 fow- weird in July.

Attachments

• 5D4D31B2-880F-41D7-BAFC-6607EEF6C07A.jpeg
    5D4D31B2-880F-41D7-BAFC-6607EEF6C07A.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 19

just to mention

View attachment 35362View attachment 35363
Beast!!

I agree @Dmanwithnoname the blue & chrome RRF got hammered fishn erie bows..

The lady (the blondie) that owned the Dixie Dairy Bar in St.Thomas years ago told me specifically she orders in the blue & chrome for rainbows & the black n gold for pickeral..ya that was a wow when she told me that...lol

heres a few well used ones
redfins action 001.JPG

catchin big spawned out walleyes 35 fow on bottom eatin gobys
June 17 2020 Pt. Peele spring walleyes 024.jpg

Last edited:
Black and gold, orange/red belly was pretty reliable for a couple of years, blue chrome not so much.

The last 2 years out of Burwell, nothing.

Spoons have been the only reliable producer in those years. Some days it's a single or pair of spoons. LOL (why I have more than 1 of each)

Baker boys will do custom baits if you have a sample they will copy it, and as for Wackem yes they are expensive but mine have stood up very well and usually out produce a standard Cotton Cordell rippling. The Baker boys baits also are very durable but again not cheap

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks