vessel view for mercury

targa

Has anyone had one, and what are your option on it. And where can I buy one(london/St Thomas area)

@targa I got it on my 115 , I like it it gives me fuel consumption, rpm , engine hours , temperature among other things but the main reason I got it for it will show any problem you have with the engine instead of just the warning beeps however it will not show if its fuel related such as bad fuel , not enough fuel supply to motor and that's by experience I had with it
I got from the dealer in Branford

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-190510.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-190510.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 83
It would be nice to know the hours on the motor too and from what i heard it also does that.

The other option is to buy a Smartcraft "Mercmonitor' gauge such as these at a fraction of the cost:

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/8m0062377-monitor-eco-4-602-1

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Mercury...ash=item27ee6d9872:g:wZQAAOSw44BYPJ5X&vxp=mtr

This gauge gives you all the alarms, fuel monitoring, engine monitoring, electronic troll control, tach, speedo, etc, etc on the display and will also link to your chartplotter through an NMEA 2000 network. The newer (Gen 3 and up) Lowrance units have all the graphics built in similar to the Mercmonitor display but I'm not sure if the H'birds or Garmins do or not. You may need to replace your fuel sending unit and trim sensor unless they are already smartcraft compatible but most of the newer ones are.

Last edited:
I just sold my Tracker Targa which had vesselview installed on it. It provided gobs and gobs of information. It is definitely worth the money and in comparison to a smart gauge and installing a N2K network its very inexpensive. I think I found mine for 225 usd last summer. It does tell you the hours. My only real complaint is the UI looks like crap. There are no graphical representations of anything, all just numbers, which works but they could do way better. They other thing that you do not get with vesselview app is troll control. If that is something you need then you can install that separately but it does come with smartview gauges.
Not that its of any use really, unless you need finite control of RPMs under 1000.... If they would just bump that up to 1500 it would be way more useful.
Cheers

I just sold my Tracker Targa which had vesselview installed on it. It provided gobs and gobs of information. It is definitely worth the money and in comparison to a smart gauge and installing a N2K network its very inexpensive. I think I found mine for 225 usd last summer. It does tell you the hours. My only real complaint is the UI looks like crap. There are no graphical representations of anything, all just numbers, which works but they could do way better
Wow, I was waaay off base wasn't I? I don't know what I was looking at yesterday, but I was sure it said vessel view was 1500 bucks which is why I suggested the smart gage option.

I need to get out of the house I guess. Please ignore any of my advice for the next 14 days at least...

Yah its very inexpensive. But remember if you want the gauge up all the time you need to start the app and mount your phone somewhere visible while you are driving. If you are in an open boat with out shelter from the rain that might be a problem?
Here it is on amazon... I am sure I could find it for less... I always do! LOL

that's roughly the same as I have found on eBay.ca....thanks for letting me know?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks