Venison pepperettes/ summer sausage

Mr perch

Hi all i got my self a nice buck this year and id like to know who make the best pepperettes and summer sausage in the oxford county area or with in a hour drive

Last year, I took a pile of meat to Appin to turn into sausage and pepperettes. I forget the name of the place but its the only one in town...so, google-em-up. VERY good...well done in flavour and price.
King Joe, Outa Here!

Appin BBQ service & catering...Vic has been doing quality meats for years
519-289-5000

Last season I got a nice selection of wild meats done at highgate meats..

IMG-20181031-WA0001.jpg caribou elk bear & wild duck...
honey garlic pepperettes..hungarian smoked sausage and smoked ring baloney...good quality & tasty

Mount Brydges abattoir makes very good venison salamis...

Last edited:
Few yrs back, did a freezer clean out of venison, been cutting my own so it was all de-boned meat. Took it to Meidama meats in Embro. Made pepperettes, seemed expensive at the time till I saw how much product it ended up being?? Great pepperettes, went with medium but if I did it again, would go with hot, personal taste?

I've had Vanessa meats do pepperetes for me and they turned out great. Nice and dry, not greasy, and have a few different flavor options. 25 lb min. Also all vac packed.

Evelyns Sausage Kitchen in Shedden also does a great job. Its a little further driving from Oxford county but I've had great experiences there. I took a deer in last week driving in from the Tillsonburg area.

I can send yoy a couple recipe's. I have made them for a few years now real easy . It does take a few minutes to stuff them in casings with a KitchenAid.

Thanks for all the replies! I think ill have to drive around and do some taste testing at all these places. Ya paddle maker i would be very interested in trying to make some myself

We use Martin's processing in Atwood for summer sausage and for pepperettes I like to go to Metzger meats in Hensall. I've only had goose made into pepperettes there but they are tasty. I know everyone has different tastes but these are two I would recommend.

I can send yoy a couple recipe's. I have made them for a few years now real easy . It does take a few minutes to stuff them in casings with a KitchenAid.
Paddlemaker
I would like to try pepperettes as well and would appreciate any recipes you can share
Thx

Will butchers use any blend of meat to make pepperettes you take in? I have pork, turkey, chicken and deer that would likely be fine mixed.

Best spot in the Scotland area?

I will add another vote for Vanessa Meats. They've done a bunch for me. Deer and Goose mainly. Once I brought an assortment from the freezer which was a minimum venison, goose and moose but I really don't know what and they turned it into a great batch of meat.

Will butchers use any blend of meat to make pepperettes you take in? I have pork, turkey, chicken and deer that would likely be fine mixed.

Best spot in the Scotland area?
Two minutes south and you've a great option.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks