Venison Jerky

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I'm thawing out a few roasts from last year to make some jerky. I've made some very good jerky over the years but would like to know what recipes that others are using. Sometimes just the smallest ingredient change can take it up a notch. If you feel like sharing,, post them up.
Thanks to those that share.

I’d love to share my jerky recipe
But everytime i make it I don’t really follow a recipe.
I use a generous amount of Maggi soya sauce seasoning
Salt
Garlic salt
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Pepper (this ones tricky too much = gross not enough and it’s just not spicy enough)
Brown sugar
Little of this and a little of that off the spice rack
Then I add water just enough to make sure everything dissolves.
add the sliced venison brine for 12-24hours
Throw it in the smoker for a couple-few hours until it looks done
Take it out finish it off in the dehydrator
Not too long in dehydrator because I don’t like it to get brittle.
Not perfect but tastes great

I want to try Derkd9's recipe but when I get lazy I use Cabela's sweet heat mix. Turns out really well with just enough bite. Can get it at Cabelas or BPS.

I just realized that I asked for everyone's recipe but forgot to show mine. I put a batch in the oven last night and gave it a first flip this morning. This takes 2 or 3 days. I put it in a Garland oven and the pilot light keeps oven at about 105 f. I don't turn oven on because I want to dry it and not cook it.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 48
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 47
I just realized that I asked for everyone's recipe but forgot to show mine. I put a batch in the oven last night and gave it a first flip this morning. This takes 2 or 3 days. I put it in a Garland oven and the pilot light keeps oven at about 105 f. I don't turn oven on because I want to dry it and not cook it.
Awh yes Worcestershire sauce is an ingredient I forgot!

Table spoon apple cider vinegar, table spoon of real maple syrup table spoon if dill teaspoon of course salt teaspon (or more) pepper. Mix it with venison let is sit in fridge for a day or two giving it a shake or stir every 12 hours or so. Then dry it out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks