Off Topic User Poll - Ad-free Channel 6-8 Experience?

Would you pay $24/year for an ad-free experience on Channel 6-8?

• yes

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • (hell) no

Votes: 58 65.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Recently, it's again been suggested that I consider an optional paid membership that would give users an ad-free experience here on 6-8. So here's a poll.

I would see that sponsors, regular contributors of great content, or people that take me fishing, as being exempt from this membership fee. I plan to put these folks in an ad-free group regardless of the poll's outcome.

Too many politicians and political views on here to pay for.. we all enjoy fishing update etc but not goin to pay to hear how backward pont of views!!!! We get that for free with our votes!!! Just my opinion

To be clear, the membership would just eliminate the ads. If you don't want to pay, all the content will still be available, just with ads at which you either have to look or block..

Regular contributors or people that take you fishing.. I'll tell you whatbramp to meet me at Saturday morning on the central basin and I gaurantee we target some walleyes and possibly catch a few.. I know those 5 commercial,boats I saw out there 2 mornings in a row weren't targeting perch,, so they've got to be here!

I see no real value in the membership . Skip over the adds minor but necessary annoyance. Just my opinion.
But thanks for asking ..

I'm in. My wife is questioning some of the dating sites popping up. Seriously though. A membership has it's privileges. I'm in. Maybe include a beer coaster as an extra incentive?

So why not make a membership card... maybe 13% off site sponsors. There are ways to make this work. Hell there is a "grand bend locals" card for 15% off. This site is growing and even though there are some trouble makers its easily managed with a few more admin. I am happy to pay for a club membership, and I think we should work it so that we can eventually use some of the money to help other organizations hire lobbyist to fight for our interests. Stop being so cheap people, if you honestly cannot afford it, fine but don't take all the people fighting for your rights for granted. Without lobbyists we may not have open launches this weekend.

@rastam4n, what you describe is bigger than what had been suggested and what I had in mind. Heck, the stickers were hard enough for me to swallow. The site was, once-upon-a-time, affiliated with the Long Point Anglers' Association. Joining that group or the OFAH might be a better avenue for lobbying and activism.

Paying for an ad-free experience wasn't my idea, but with ad revenue dropping, membership fee income may be a way to help justify (to @Mrs. Stomp) the time and expense needed to keep the site running. Hence the poll. I don't think people are being cheap by voting no. If the ads don't bother them, then no problem. If most members are blocking the ads and are insistent on getting the content "for free", it's likely not a sustainable model.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks