Off Topic Up north.

Ferbie

My son and I were up in lake missinaibi last week again. What a beautiful lake. Camped on a island for 6 days. Well worth the trip. Alot of the walleye we caught were a vibrant blue.

Attachments

• 20220912_124325.jpg
    20220912_124325.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 20220911_144140.jpg
    20220911_144140.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220914_192719.jpg
    20220914_192719.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 121
Ferbie:
I don't know which I should be more envious of - that meaty pike :love: or that sweet-assed campsite :love: in that one photo.

It's funny you should mention the unusually-coloured walleye. In the Winnipeg River system, just on the other side of the Ontario/Manitoba border, the walleye are so green, the locals refer to them as "green backs". 💵 I suspect it has something to do with water/environmental conditions in that particular system.

Now when that inevitable walleye/pickerel debate rears it's ugly head again (and it will), if some one throws in "green back", you'll know there's a 'toban in the arguement. They will really give themselves away if the call pike "jackfish" or "slough sharks"😬

My son and I were up in lake missinaibi last week again. What a beautiful lake. Camped on a island for 6 days. Well worth the trip. Alot of the walleye we caught were a vibrant blue.
I know that water fall well. Took many walleye right there. Great bear hunting as well. Not much left of the town but fish sure r there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks