Unit map?

Landlocked

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me where to find a unit map online? The LPWA site doesn't appear to be working.
Thanks

I hope they will do an update on the Unit map as the marsh has changed so much due to the high water and storms floating chunks of it away ?

they are working on a new website. The maps are updated as google keeps the pictures up. The most recent map is pretty close to what things look like now. The only difference is up by 22 blind.

No still haven’t been able to find one other than what Q.S. posted which I appreciate by the way!
I've been looking as well. The posted pic was all I was able to find as well. I was going to send a copy of it your way, but there it is!

@Old Cut LongPointer you sure do a lot of complaining. Unless you have the access needed to the google and nasa satellites to have a picture taken today. That is the best we have to work with at this point in time. These maps are for reference. Like I have mentioned before the only real difference is near blind 22.
Like I said if you can send me a more up to date map I will gladly re label it to your standards.

Not complaining just pointing out the obvious. I've hunted the Unit for over 50 years and in that time have seen a handful of maps that were fairly accurate (hand drawn to boot !) and all of them carried a Disclaimer regarding such. I am not a computer geek so redirecting NASA's satellites is beyond me but I do have Bing. maps and it's a bit better then the older Google maps but still not accurate as to conditions now.

Not complaining just pointing out the obvious. I've hunted the Unit for over 50 years and in that time have seen a handful of maps that were fairly accurate (hand drawn to boot !) and all of them carried a Disclaimer regarding such. I am not a computer geek so redirecting NASA's satellites is beyond me but I do have Bing. maps and it's a bit better then the older Google maps but still not accurate as to conditions now.
Ok well I thank you for your lack there of a solution to googles out dated maps. so I guess unless your willing to take on the responsibility and task of hand drawing a new map for the unit then I guess we just use the current map that we have which is a great tool for reference to any new person. The only thing Better than a map is getting out in the marsh and exploring before the season starts and learn where to go.
Like is stated every morning to new and old hunters alike the marsh changes daily so proceed with caution.

Thank-you Quacker Smacker for providing the most up-to-date map that the Unit produces. As most of you are aware, we are a completely volunteer organization (outside of the two Duck Tech's who manage the daily rentals), and skills and time donated by the members of LPWA can vary dramatically from year to year. Quacker Smacker has posted the most up-to-date map that we have available, and we have no plans to provide an updated map this season; if someone has the skill-set to produce a more accurate map, LPWA and the LPWMU would be very grateful for the help.

We are also looking forward to moving back and becoming part of Stomp's site once again. At that time, Stomp will also host the most up-to-date Unit map available (but it's in this thread, anyway ;) ).

Here is a copy of what I use for myself
Some of the GPS coordinates I got myself and some are from other hunters so be aware there may be a couple mistakes
Due to changing marsh conditions some blind locations and depths are probably no longer accurate.......

Attachments

• LONG POINT BLINDS.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 388
Took some time to codify @Dicker's great resource. This is how the blinds can be viewed with Google Earth. I'll work on putting this up online in full Google Map glory. For now, there's a lesser, but clickable version sitting on top of the Navionics mapping API and viewable by clicking here .UnitMapView.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks