Unit Blind statistics?

fireram

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hello,

I am wondering if the blind chart that is kept in the unit office, with the date, weather, and birds per blind, is available online.

I think this has been asked before, and I have tried to search with no results.

Thank You.

It is available to members but not the general public. The LPWA picks up the data from the Unit and will email it directly to any member who asks. A single request automatically adds them to the current years distribution list.

quote:
Originally posted by fireram

Hello,

I am wondering if the blind chart that is kept in the unit office, with the date, weather, and birds per blind, is available online.

Thank You.

Mooner, please see the sticky at top of this forum. You can print off the application and send it but I don't think we are set up to accept on-line credit card payments yet. Maybe Duck Soup will correct me on this.

I am glad to hear you are considering joining the LPWA and I hope you do, both to have a voice in how things are done and to put yourself on record in support of our marsh and the hunting opportunities. However, to avoid disappointment I hope you are not just joining for the blind statistics. These are not collected/provided electronically by the Unit. Rather a volunteer member goes into the office every so often with a pencil and paper and copies them down, then enters it on an excel spreadsheet and emails to members who requested it. As a result you only get it about twice a month and usually with a fair time delay. I find it very interesting but rarely use the information to pick a blind on any individual day. Things change so fast with season and weather that how a blind shot two weeks ago is rarely of a lot of value. On the other hand I have kept them on file for years now and often look back to previous years on the same date and wind conditions and do find this helps.

Its not all about the blind stats. Not to brag but just to point this out, yesterday we were #17 in the line-up and picked a blind that had been hunted once all year and shot one duck. We had twelve and were picked up and on the way in by shooting time.

Use your head and watch the wind. Don't worry too much about the stats.

Good Hunting Tim, hope you join.

Cam

Thanks for the reply Cam.
Many good reasons to join, including the blind stats.
I usually get there a couple of times a year, including a week following thanksgiving. We will be there again Friday and Saturday.
Having a few years of stats would be very interesting.

You have me a little confused with this sentence though;

We had twelve and were picked up and on the way in by shooting time.

Tim Culp

Sorry Tim, perhaps this is "Long Pointese". In plain English we had our limit of 12 ducks and had all our decoys in and everything packed up and were on our boat-ride in before legal shooting time was over.

Mooner....there is not much to add to Cam's reply. Being a member is simply endorsing public waterfowling at Long Point. The 50th Anniversary of the Waterfowl Unit is next year. The LPWA is an essential part of the Unit's existance and that makes it important for all waterfowlers who hunt the area to belong. The Unit is the only remaining piece of publicly owned marsh at Long Point where more than a few people can still hunt. It's future is largely in our hands.

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

It is available to members but not the general public. The LPWA picks up the data from the Unit and will email it directly to any member who asks. A single request automatically adds them to the current years distribution list.

Hello,

Thank You.

[/quote i would like to get one sent to me i am a member.

Greenhead, please send the request to lpwa@kwic.com and provide your name and email address.
quote:
Originally posted by green head

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

Hello,

Thank You.

[/quote i would like to get one sent to me i am a member.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks