Off Topic Ultimate ice fishing show

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Just curious if anyone went today, and if so was it worth the drive for a show that hasn't happened for two years?

Work down the road so left at noon to get a free hat apparently 70 other ppl had same idea so missed out but overall decent deals here and there thought it would be bigger. Got the I grips for my muck boots for 20 so I'm happy

I ended up making the short trip to Angling Outfitters with @Gator Hunter to take advantage of the no tax deals. Picked up some stuff for the ice season and a free AO calendar 👌

Also chatted with Jos for about half an hour. At the end I asked him to repeat all the stuff about things he said because I wasn't listening

I went and it was a waste of $10 to get in and 10 mins of my life as thats how long it took me to walk around there wasn't much worth seeing. If you were looking to buy gear maybe but I didn't really look for gear as I didn't need anything. There was more staff and fishing pros in booths mid day Saturday then there was people attending the show and they seemed more interested in talking to each other then attendees.

Just my opinion though maybe others saw it differently.

I went bought a pfluger inline reel and rod 125 no tax, best part I participated in there price is right game, not the game show four people names were picked out of a hat had to guess the price without going over, I got lucky with a guess at 275 price was 350, it was a inline ice combo package with some tackle never used them should be interesting fishing for perch with this setup.
https://13fishing.com/black-betty-freefall-ghost
I have not gone to a show in probably 20 years but I enjoy the seminars Jason Burnacs I enjoyed as well as Gord and his grandson. picked Up a lot of ice tackle too.
jj

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks