Turkey Point shoreline public access points gone?

theredherring

Hi all,

I drove out to Turkey Point this morning hoping to do some fishing with my dad. We decided we would try our luck facing the lake from Ordnance Dr. Looking on Google Maps, we were able to see some sandy, secluded spots surrounded by reeds and marked by signs. However, upon arriving, we found that all of these spots had been cleared of reed, with some land seemingly leveled. The public signs had been removed.

After that, we tried angling from some of the marina canals, but boat traffic was high and most of it was sectioned off by property ownership. We ended up just packing up our stuff and hitting the road.

What happened to the public access points? Does the land now belong to the adjacent cottage owners? They seemed to be the only real public fishing spots on the entire spit, and they're now apparently gone? If anyone has any further info on this, it would be much appreciated!

Hi all,

I drove out to Turkey Point this morning hoping to do some fishing with my dad. We decided we would try our luck facing the lake from Ordnance Dr. Looking on Google Maps, we were able to see some sandy, secluded spots surrounded by reeds and marked by signs. However, upon arriving, we found that all of these spots had been cleared of reed, with some land seemingly leveled. The public signs had been removed.

After that, we tried angling from some of the marina canals, but boat traffic was high and most of it was sectioned off by property ownership. We ended up just packing up our stuff and hitting the road.

What happened to the public access points? Does the land now belong to the adjacent cottage owners? They seemed to be the only real public fishing spots on the entire spit, and they're now apparently gone? If anyone has any further info on this, it would be much appreciated!
You sound like your a shoreline fisherman. You were so close to Normandale you probably could of fished off the little pier that is there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks