Turkey Fan Mount

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone suggest a fan mount?

Or know anyone who makes custom wooden mount kits?

I’d like to avoid Amazon, or ordering one from
The US, but not finding many options within Canada

or if you’ve seen one at a fishing and hunting store?

Anyone suggest a fan mount?

Or know anyone who makes custom wooden mount kits?

I’d like to avoid Amazon, or ordering one from
The US, but not finding many options within Canada

or if you’ve seen one at a fishing and hunting store?
I would try to get in touch with Paddle Maker. He does some very interesting woodwork.

Craft shops often sell a wooden plaque. What I’ve done in the past is mount the tail to the wooden plaque, cover the knarly bit at the base of the tail with a mouth call glued on to it, then cut down the shot shell that killed the bird, mounted it below the fan and epoxied the beard into it. It’s low cost and looks ok. Not as nice as some of the fancier mounts but I’ve got a bunch of turkey tails kicking around so it’s just one more to hang in the shop. Cheaper than a mounting kit anyway and who doesn’t have a derelict mouth call that needs put out to pasture somewhere in the bottom of the vest anyway.

Craft shops often sell a wooden plaque. What I’ve done in the past is mount the tail to the wooden plaque, cover the knarly bit at the base of the tail with a mouth call glued on to it, then cut down the shot shell that killed the bird, mounted it below the fan and epoxied the beard into it. It’s low cost and looks ok. Not as nice as some of the fancier mounts but I’ve got a bunch of turkey tails kicking around so it’s just one more to hang in the shop. Cheaper than a mounting kit anyway and who doesn’t have a derelict mouth call that needs put out to pasture somewhere in the bottom of the vest anyway.
Could you send me a photo of one that you have done?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks