Tundra Swan Season & Director-at-Large Positions

Tundra Swan

798 Highway 59
Port Rowan, Ontario
N0E 1M0

November 28, 2019

Re: Director-at-Large Positions

Dear Waterfowlers:

We are currently having an election within the OFAH to fill five (5) Director-at-Large positions.

Perhaps it would be beneficial for those of us who are interested in having a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season in this province know where the candidates stand on this issue.

I personally have received no support from two (2) of the candidates having previously written to them in the past regarding such a season. However they may have changed their positions considering the recent advancements towards such a season.

Unfortunately I personally experienced some rather assertive and deliberate hostility from one (1) of the candidates at a Delta Waterfowl fund raising event earlier this year when this individual heard me discuss the results of the Delta Waterfowl survey with another member.

I was not aware that I was apparently not permitted to discuss a potential limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season with anyone at this event. This apparent "prohibition" was even more inappropriate considering the supportive results of the Delta Waterfowl survey.

Perhaps the other four (4) candidates could post their position regarding the future implementation of a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season in this province.

We could all potentially benefit from their support for such a season.

Sincerely,

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

PS The individual involved was not expressing the views of Delta Waterfowl at this event.

Who was the individual that was less than courteous. Specifically. What is his/her name? In what if any capacity does this person hold with Delta?

Hello John,

I would rather not publically identify this individual on this "waterfowl" forum however if you send me an e-mail (thebuddyboy@hotmail.com) I would be willing to send you a copy of my summary of what happened that evening.

Jerome

PS I did submit my concerns (including the comments that were made to me) to an appropriate Delta representative later during the summer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks