Trolling Pole

SonsOfPerchin

Thinking of trying some trolling this year on Erie for walleye but new to it and don't know much. Will be running dipsy and just wondering if anyone knows a good rod and real to use in the 100-200 range also prefer left hand which seems to be hard to find by itself

You'l have to order your real or go to Angling Outfitters and see if they have a left hand reel in stock 99% of the rod reel combos sold in the big box stores come with a right hand retrieve(most common). Make sure you get a linecounter reel that is a must for being accurate with trolling dipsys.As for the rod get something in the 8'6"-9' range with a medium/heavy power action or a actual dipsy specific rod. The brand is completely up to you and the amount your willing to pay.

Thinking of trying some trolling this year on Erie for walleye but new to it and don't know much. Will be running dipsy and just wondering if anyone knows a good rod and real to use in the 100-200 range also prefer left hand which seems to be hard to find by itself[/QUOTE

I use left hand reels every store I been to had it Natural Sports in Kitchener , Bass Pro and Sail all in stock
They also got combos for under $200 but the reels ate not the best but will do

I just prefer to put my own rod/reel combos together myself. That way I get a combo that suits my needs you might end up spending a little more sometimes less if you come across a good deal and like everybody always says you get what you pay for.

SonsOfPerchin... forgot to mention the Rapala Dipsy rod will be back in stock early March if you decide to go that way.
That's what Rapala told me as I'm also waiting to order 2 more of them myself.

I bought a pair of talora's in the 10'6 and like them.
and you could pair them or any other rod you select with a coldwater cw-303dlx found on amazon for 116.74, its in stock in a few days.
I have used this type of reel and for the price its good quality.

@smokey1... How do you find using a 10'6" rod at getting the fish to the net especially with a 36" floro leader from the Dipsy to the lure?
Isn't it awkward with all that in front of you, just curious how you manage getting the fish to the net? :)

My spoon would come to my reel unlatched once reeled up.

So an 8ft leader attached to a snubber would be close.

My first dipsey rod come from Josh in that same length so its never felt like any struggle, plus a couple extra feet on each side helps me keep everything spread out better when deploying the riggers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks