Trolling on Lower Niagara River?

Thank you @Raumaster . Browns are on my list of things to do :). What do browns like? Any particular bait, or lures and jig+plastic would do?

There is no set / one way of fishing style for fishing river or bar. Except river --- drift

You can use Good drop shot hooks 8-18" above 3/4 - 2 oz weight tipped with minnow or plastic swim bait 2.5 - 5 " ...white or natural bait colours ...to chartreuse or even orange..

So many combinations or options.....
Think of what worked for you in past in fastest water you have fished and start there

Thank you all again for your responses. Much appreciate all the tips. What can I say... it is hard to be a newbie under the influence of an adrenaline :happy: . Happy fishing to all. Cheers.

Thank you all again for your responses. Much appreciate all the tips. What can I say... it is hard to be a newbie under the influence of an adrenaline :happy: . Happy fishing to all. Cheers.
We all have been there ....im already triing to hit that river again as soon as possible.

Good luck and be safe

Another tip for the river is to always have your engine running in-case you get caught in a hole or freak current that can swamp or suck you under if you don't get out of it quick. Survival suit is a must this time of year. Great fishing but you definitely have to respect the power of the river.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks