Trolling motor batteries?

Jello

I'm planning on putting a 24v Minn Kota 80lb on my new boat for the spring. What batteries are you all running for your trolling motors (and where did you get them)?

Minn Kota recommends group 27 batteries with at least 110Ah. I haven't seen any online with that high amp hour rating. Most I've found is 92.

I've got three Costco group 27s for the 112 lbs Ulterra. Lasts longer than I can in one day on the water.

I've been using Deka DC27's Lead Core Batteries for years CCA 575, CA 715 and RC 200. They last about 5 seasons and sticker price in 2020 was $169.00 each. I've always replaced them on sale at Proctor Marine in the spring but no longer recall if it was 10% off or more. There is also an allowance for turning in the old batteries. Have never experimented with modern batteries. I'm not sure my on-board charging system would be appropriate in any case. I have a 36 volt 115 Lb. Minn Kota

Just got dakota lititum 100 ah group 27s they don't die 🤙
Just curious @Andy renneberg I have been using Deka batteries for my electric trolling motor,and also for my starting battery.I am just wondering on how much the dakota lititum batteries are & how many year’s would they last? I just replaced my Deka trolling batteries last year & the old Deka batteries lasted for 6 years and they cost around $175 each. Thanks in advance if I receive a reply back.

Last edited:
costco or interstate. The bigger the better. Charge them as soon as you get home from fishing don't let them sit flat.

costco or interstate. The bigger the better. Charge them as soon as you get home from fishing don't let them sit flat.
I have heard good things about the Costco batteries,especially from last year’s members post on them.But,I am wondering what the Costco,(Kirkland) battery life span is,and yes,very true @Twister charge them up,(any marine battery),as soon as you get home from a day of fishing.

interstate group 31s, been running these since 2011 on a lund tyee with same trolling motor, no issues at all, never been not enough power, replaced once after 7 years just because of time frame, but no issues

Just curious @Andy renneberg I have been using Deka batteries for my electric trolling motor,and also for my starting battery.I am just wondering on how much the dakota lititum batteries are & how many year’s would they last? I just replaced my Deka trolling batteries last year & the old Deka batteries lasted for 6 years and they cost around $175 each. Thanks in advance if I receive a reply back.
I paid 2 grand flat from dakota lititum 11 year full coverage I always have bad luck with reg batteries dieing in the winter so I figured I give these a try they don't die let me tell you

I'm planning on putting a 24v Minn Kota 80lb on my new boat for the spring. What batteries are you all running for your trolling motors (and where did you get them)?

Minn Kota recommends group 27 batteries with at least 110Ah. I haven't seen any online with that high amp hour rating. Most I've found is 92.
I paid 2 grand flat from dakota lititum 11 year full coverage I always have bad luck with reg batteries dieing in the winter so I figured I give these a try they don't die let me tell you
Thanks for your reply back @Andy renneberg money well spend in this case for long lasting batteries!! 👍🙂

But,I am wondering what the Costco,(Kirkland) battery life span is
I sold my old boat last year with one battery from 2013 and the other from 2015. Both worked fine and held a good charge. A few people who looked at the boat commented on the age of the one battery but I was like, why would I replace a good battery that works great?

Interstate and Kirkland are the same anyways. Costco in the US only sells Interstate now and the Interstate and Kirkland batteries have the exact same shell design, caps, lugs, handle, etc. Except one is green/white and one is back. I have Interstates in my boat for cranking and house batt. and trust me it';s obvious seeing them next to the Kirkland batteries. Even the stickers look the same.

WOW!!!... at $1,250 apiece I would certainly hope not. :jawdrop:

Dakota Lithium 12V 100AH Deep Cycle LiFePo4 Battery | Cabela's Canada

They make 24V batteries and I did see some info that you can use one 24V instead of 2 x 12V. Too pricey for me still but I think for the long run and reliability, they'd be a solid investment for a serious fisherman thay can swing the initial cost.

I'm sure in the future, when combustion engines are banned, we'll all be asking which lithium cell batteries are best for our main electric 90hp Tesla outboard. Lol!

Congratulations first of all @Jello for purchasing a new boat & mounting a Minn Kota electric motor onto it. 👍 I use 3 Deka Marine batteries AEE0DA9D-8F60-4E6C-A807-F7C0A84DB888.jpeg 790A0843-1DF0-4F5B-BCEA-9FD755A640F9.jpeg for my 2007 Minn Kota 36 volt 101 lb thrust electric motor 45A76C9C-31C5-49ED-A590-07C03F91AE7D.jpeg on my boat,and I bought my 3 Deka marine batteries at Marina Shores in Port Rowan. Good luck fishing with your new boat in 2021 and beyond & Tight Lines!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

installed minn kota alternater to charge 24 volt batteries.after day of fishing lake erie.batterys fully charged buy time i dock.and charges while trolling.use reaguler 27 series batterys. love it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks