Transducer Mount

@RyTek Marine Is that my imagination or is your board a parallelogram and not a rectangle to visually look better on the back of the boat?

One of my personal irks is that boards look out of place because they don't match the angles of the boat.
Yes, I offer that to my customers also as its a cleaner look and allows you to mount more transducers on the same size board!

@RyTek Marine interesting you are using Med Chirp, while there are so many so-called "pros" putting YouTube videos and teaching at seminars suggesting that for shallow water <100' High Chirp is the go to... but I find I get much better results with Medium. Your thoughts?
Also, what MFD are you using and can you talk about the transducers you have mounted.
If you needed to replace your MFD, what would you get?

For Lake Erie and Ontario Medium chirp is definitely preferred in my opinion BUT that being said I actually prefer using the custom frequencies on my Airmar Transducers! I run HDS Lives and work amazing even with my big 1000kw Airmar TM185HW (High/Wide) The airmars allow for great target seperation and actually allowing you to see game fish in amongst bait fish! I personally would use nothing but Lowrances or Simrads but thats because they work great and the Airmar's hook up with out adapters If looking for something new and worried about breaking the bank but want a killer setup...At this time of the year look for someone selling a Carbon and upgrading and buy it without the transducers. Then spend the money on a TM165 and a 2in1 Active Imaging transducer. This will give you just about the best 2D sonar you would ever want and the other transducer would give you Side/Down scan without having to worry about shutting off the 2D in a more expensive 3in1 transducer!

hope that helps...Ryan

I will be in touch for two for my Lund Tyee, one Port one Starboard. LOL

No hurry as I can't do anything with them until Spring.

Much appreciate the response Ryan

Nice sonar equipment Ryan..

heres my newest transducer I had to buy and remount because of a defective plug that plugs into my eagle LCD sonar unit.. the female end of the plug went through 17 years of heavy use of pluging in and removing every trip so the unit doesnt get damaged or stolen..

Heres a few photos of my sonar setup & mount..

stanley walleyes Aug 20 004.jpg stanley walleyes Aug 20 002.jpg stanley walleyes Aug 20 003.jpg
Mounted new transducer same location, you can see the fastners with washers and nuts and sealant bottom left 2nd picture..so ya rewired new connection to battery and reconnected the charging harness..

erie salmon & misc highlights 1985-89 041.jpg erie salmon & misc highlights 1985-89 049.jpg
I setup the 2 riggers on the boat so i could track the cannon balls on the sonar...tracking here at -40 feet..also runnin sliders see the hooks ...these erie walleyes are 2019..2 to 3+ lbs..see the humps on the bottom..
My friend Jeff has the same unit...cheap and effective..I also have a portable eagle sonar unit for the north...I made a heavy duty clamp on transducer mount for any size boat 14 footer or less fishin the north...its a must have and it works good

I need to up my equipment
Considering and mounting a wireless temp probe
possibly the Fishhawk XD4

I want trolling speed & temperature at the ball

The wireless probe will go on my Penn downrigger
Wire the unit to my small 12 volt battery..mount the display unit beside my eagle LCD

I need to bump up my erie cannon ball weight from 8lbs to 10 or 12lbs???
I want just enough blow back average 3mph trolling speed
average strike zone depth is 60 feet and it varys down to 90 feet..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks