Trailer Wheel Bearings

quote:
Originally posted by Wolffy45

Your late model wouldn't pass tech inspectrion if the front wheel had play in it, would you drive it with play in it? So why would you tell someone to leave play in a wheel bearing then?

A tad loose is better than a tad tight. Overtightening will cause the bearings to be pre-loaded resulting in overheating and premature failure. Especially tapered bearings used in wheel applications. Recommended end play is .0001 to .0005 inches.

For an easy method of adjustment, see the second to last step in the attached link.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/4205243

Being a class A mechanic, there is a backyard way and a shop way in doing everything, as to if anyone was stranded on the side of the road, I WOULD NOT HESITATE as to help anyone out in that scenario
People these days need to have a sympathy, EVERYONE needs to have a little help sometime !!!
I recently was stuck on the side of the road, even being a class A mechanic, and got help from someone passing by!!
I was fortunate to have met such a generous, understanding & intelligent person along my travels!
After we talked while he gave me a ride into town to get a new tire for my camping trailer, we both discovered that we BOTH post here on stomps page!
If that wasn't enough, He waited while I got a new one mounted, then gave me a ride back to my family that was waiting
If it wasn't for him.......
Sometimes you can meet some really GOOD people along the way that Acually are grateful for a little help!!!
Thanks dicker, keep it touch please!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks