Off Topic Trailer parts help

I have been fishing out of Naticoke for the past month from Hoovers Marina. This is my second year fishing Erie and this site has been a great source of help.

Yesterday I had the bow guard mount and safety chain stolen from my trailer. To add insult to injury, the thief broken one of my bunker rails probably by standing on it to keep an eye for anyone coming up the hill. It was most likely a two person job.

Firstly wanted to warn everyone that this happened at Hoover's and secondly wanted to ask if anyone knows of a local place I can get a replacement part for my trailer. It is a shorlander trailer for a 16ft Lund.

Here is a picture of the assembly. The mount for the roller assembly is 3 inches wide. Only the top part was taken and I want to try to avoid having to buy the whole winch and bow guard assembly.

Even though this put a damper on my day yesterday the smile on my nephews face helped.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-095233.png
    Screenshot_20190916-095233.png
    842 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190915_122800.jpg
    20190915_122800.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 131
You can try princess auto... may not be an exact replacement but they do handle a winches of that style.

What a lowlife scumbag. Hopefully he’ll get his one day....

This seems like an odd item to steal. Makes me wonder if it was a simple theft or if you unintentionally parked in the wrong spot or did something to offend a local at “his spot”?

Nice smile on your nephew, sorry to hear about the actions of idiots. Last year my Shorelander Winch centre pin broke (luckily it was on a decent ramp so I could get the boat fully on the trailer) but I ended up having to replace the entire piece from the trailer frame up, I wonder if whoever stole your pieces found out that they would have to buy the whole thing and unfortunately decided to steal yours instead. Too bad they were not caught? I am guessing you already asked Hoover's if they have any cameras to catch the idiots?

What a lowlife scumbag. Hopefully he’ll get his one day....

This seems like an odd item to steal. Makes me wonder if it was a simple theft or if you unintentionally parked in the wrong spot or did something to offend a local at “his spot”?
This thought crossed my mind. I am going to check that nothing else was possibly sabotaged on my trailer. Good thing I only had to trailer my boat 20 mins away and we got there safely.

Nice smile on your nephew, sorry to hear about the actions of idiots. Last year my Shorelander Winch centre pin broke (luckily it was on a decent ramp so I could get the boat fully on the trailer) but I ended up having to replace the entire piece from the trailer frame up, I wonder if whoever stole your pieces found out that they would have to buy the whole thing and unfortunately decided to steal yours instead. Too bad they were not caught? I am guessing you already asked Hoover's if they have any cameras to catch the idiots?
No cameras. Just someone driving around in a golf cart but I was parked way up on the hill so they did not see anything. Maybe I should use my trail cam as a security measure.?

Sorry, I was all wound up about the idiots and forget to mention that I bought my new one online from Shorelander and they shipped it.

Sorry for your troubles it makes you wonder about people sometime. Funny thing about this, if anything could be funny, I fished out of Hoover’s yesterday as well. Arrived at 8 and departed at 12:30. I have a 16.5 black Lund on a shore lander trailer. Sounds like your rig as well. It could have easily have been me. I parked up the hill but close to channel. Maybe that’s the difference. Or I am just luckier. Good luck with the replacements.

Rick

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks