tough weekend

pretty slow down there that 4k gale made er tough only 2 limits and 1 of them was 12 buffies we got 4 redheads dark till dark u sure picked a good weekend 2 stay home duckman we,ll giver a go next week ps whoever stole my decoys from 33 when i went in for lunch better just throw them away cause u dont wanna get caught with them keep the faith boys theres a million birds down there we just need a breeze to move em around happy huntin c u next week

jonny1duck

Someone stole ur decoys while you went in for lunch! WTF .....crazy, just plain crazy. I have hunted 33 before but never came in without my decoys for that reason. I was hunting with hand carved divers and was just paranoid about having them swiped. Never heard of this happening till now ....I hope you find ur decoys and the person or persons involved in stealing them. Just reprehensible behavior IMO ......

Jeff.

We shot the unit also and bagged 2 redheads and 10 buffies. Very tough day for anything but buffies. Stealing decoys with that many people around is very brave, maybe we should know what kind and brand of decoys and how many so we all know what to look out for if we hear of any coming for sale.

Delhi, Ontario

I can't believe what I just read. My faith in human nature is vastly dwindling. For someone to stoop that low is absolutely incomprehensable. Whatever happened to the unwritten law of you keep an eye on my stuff and I'll watch yours. It is at the point you can't trust anybody. I hope you catch the b.....ds and they are dealt with appropriately.

Woody

That sucks Johnny I have 30 decoys u can use to finish season they r like brand new just need weights and use them till end of season

On a second note I hope the guy that stole ur decoys reads this forum and carma is a bitch and if I was u return the decoys to someone at the unit a say u found them. There is not a rock you can crawl under if you get caught using them in the long point area because Johnny is one guy you do not steal from I will personally buzz every decoy spread every weekend just to find you

Wow, steeling decoys is a low blow!! It would be great to find out who the morons are...

Duckman,

Dan thought he left his ammo box in your boat last weekend, and as he is out of the country, he asked that I try to track it down. If you have it, let me know, and I'll catch up with you on Friday.

Jay

Hey Jonny, what brand are they? I know everyone down in the unit would keep an eye out if they knew what they were looking for. Those bastards!!

Hello Guys,

I agree ... let us know what species, make and model the decoys were and no one will want to buy, sell or use them.

A few years ago I brought back one decoy that obviously had been blown away from a hunter's spread and lost. I was told at the unit that "you found it you keep it" but I declined the offer.

I think that we should have a "lost and found" set up at the unit for lost decoys, flashlights (I have found a few over the years) and any other gear found within the unit.

Hope that reason prevails and the decoys are returned.

Jerome

PS Jonny1Duck ... let Ted Barney at Long Point Waterfowl know about your decoy theft as they accept donated decoys for their kids' program.

PS If the individual wants he can drop the decoys off (in green garbage bags) on my concrete driveway (starts 29 feet from the paved road) during the night and I will get them back to "jonny1duck". I am on the causeway at 798 Highway 59.

That's F##$%^G brutal. If you find out who stole them, let Fred know at the unit, contact the police, post there names. The Waterfowl hunters in LP are a small community. I'm sure we can drive these P.O.S to another Lake.

...hey ...........I,ll keep an eye out for you ....see you next week-end........if they are smart they will pitch them............maybe let the Simcoe office of the OPP know in event they find them and have no idea where they came from and they sit there.....

thanks guys its nothing to get 2 upset about they only took 5 outa 90 that were out there they were bass pro canvas backs we went out 2 talk 2 the guys that were hunting the public zone just at the end of big creek on old fella and his grandson they saw 2 fast boats go by 1 of them went into our spread stopped 4 a minute then sped away i would like them back but really i dont wanna c them again for 50 bucks it aint worth it my own fault i guess for leavin them out there glad i took my robo,s in lesson learned PS A WARNING FOR THE THEIVES SOMETIMES WE LEAVE A GUY THERE IN THE WEEDS BEWARE!!!

jonny1duck

We also got alot of buffies and a couple geese. Had some mallards working our spread, but flying really high and couldn't get them to commit. Windfinder is showing stronger winds next weekend, hopefully it helps.

Hope we find out who did it buddy, as long as they didnt take the skunk ducks u will be ok. I got some cans i never use u can have till the end if ya want to man

Hello Jonny1Duck,

I was at Bass Pro last week and I saw those "Red Head" brand Canvasbacks ... they are nice at $72.00 or $84.00 per six.

It was not your "fault" for leaving them out while you went in for lunch ... that is today's "liberal" mentality.

Jerome

Is your name on the bottom of the dekes ? Lot's of times we find decoys(usually singles) with no name on them, sometimes with weights on them most times not. Did you have enough weight tied on ? I've seen some of mine start to wander because it was too windy and not enough lead to hold them or maybe some schmuck ran thru your spread and cut five of them loose ?

Hello OCLP,

Very good point as I thought that it was strange that someone would take just five decoys ... why not at least a "six pack" or maybe even a dozen.

I now think that one of those boats may have been caught in one of the lines and that is why they had to stop for a while ... after that the decoys just drifted away.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks