Toronto Sportsman Show

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Since the ice around these parts has gone to ? and the walleye season is closed, @Dmanwithnoname & myself made the road trip to the big city. I have to admit that the show was MUCH larger than I had imagined!

I actually didn't break the bank this trip. Renewed my OFAH membership, picked up some of the new style slab grabbers because I obviously don't have enough, and more salty meat (y) and as we were walking away I thought we just crossed paths with Italo Labignan so I turn around and he is buying some pepperettes when I just yell out ITALO! And sure enough he turns around and I think I may have dropped my bag of stuff turned around in panic like some other star struck jackass yelled it! He then came over and talked to us for awhile about what he will be filming in Florida and as I was still star struck I think I said something stupid like I never miss an episode of your Real Fishing show?‍♂️

But if that wasn't enough, we then proceed to the washroom where they had it cordoned off from other exhibits with curtains when I said to @Dmanwithnoname I think I hear Ron James! So he peeks between some of the curtains and I swear Ron must have seen someone creeping him because he actually paused from his seminar for a few seconds, most likely wondering why the hell is someone looking at him like it's a peep show ?

Also met up with some famous characters from 6-8 which more photos will come soon (y)

Since the ice around these parts has gone to ? and the walleye season is closed, @Dmanwithnoname & myself made the road trip to the big city. I have to admit that the show was MUCH larger than I had imagined!

I actually didn't break the bank this trip. Renewed my OFAH membership, picked up some of the new style slab grabbers because I obviously don't have enough, and more salty meat (y) and as we were walking away I thought we just crossed paths with Italo Labignan so I turn around and he is buying some pepperettes when I just yell out ITALO! And sure enough he turns around and I think I may have dropped my bag of stuff turned around in panic like some other star struck jackass yelled it! He then came over and talked to us for awhile about what he will be filming in Florida and as I was still star struck I think I said something stupid like I never miss an episode of your Real Fishing show?‍♂️

But if that wasn't enough, we then proceed to the washroom where they had it cordoned off from other exhibits with curtains when I said to @Dmanwithnoname I think I hear Ron James! So he peeks between some of the curtains and I swear Ron must have seen someone creeping him because he actually paused from his seminar for a few seconds, most likely wondering why the hell is someone looking at him like it's a peep show ?
View attachment 13125View attachment 13127View attachment 13128

Also met up with some famous characters from 6-8 which more photos will come soon (y)
A great post,and it was great to meet up with you at the Show @Extra Virgin and @Dmanwithnoname Like yourself,I didn’t break the bank either,and I didn’t even buy one fishing lure,(I didn’t think that was possible!! lol),but I did look at some of the lure’s,that would likely put fish in the boat.A great time there for sure,and especially when I went together with good friends such as @stomp,@Three Bouys and @Mickey Finn. ?:)

Last edited:
I'm glad all you guys had a great time just like I did!! I'm already looking forward to next years show!!!
The same here @JohnW A great time by all of us for sure,and I am also looking forward to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show again next year.I have gone to this show at least 6 times now in the past years.???

Attachments

• 8D6A76AB-B413-4576-AA99-EF318804B250.jpeg
    8D6A76AB-B413-4576-AA99-EF318804B250.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • FA26C4B2-F65A-4DD1-A72F-137C1BACB567.jpeg
    FA26C4B2-F65A-4DD1-A72F-137C1BACB567.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks