Took a charter out of Burwell Aug 17

GMAC

Took a charter with Tailfeathers charters today. Goal was to learn a few things and put some fish in the boat. Ran mostly straight out of Burwell, maybe a bit West. Captain Tom rigged us up with some deep diver cranks on lead core off the big planet boards and we banged 3 nice fish into the box right away in 54 ft of water about 40 feet down. We trolled out to 59 feet and lost a couple more before turning around and coming back on our line. Picked up hits again around 55 ft but couldn’t get the hooks to stick. NASCAR spoon on the rigger down about 50 got some action but we didn’t land one until a stinger hook was added.
My wife was doing great on another one before she went all crazy and tried to speed crank one into the boat and popped the hook. The dipsys didn’t get a bite and 6 colour lead seemed to do better than 5 colour.
Around 10 the fishing died entirely and while we marked lots, they were very tight lipped. We did end up putting two more in the box before a strong little storm cell drove us back to the dock.
Great day on the water. I stole as much info as Tom was able to give me. Fish could have been more cooperative but we had a fun day with good people and learned a bunch.

Sounds like you accomplished what you meant to. Learned a few things, put some fish in the boat, had a few laughs.:) We were marking fish yesterday afternoon too. They were there, but only 8 came to play, 7 coming for a boat ride. I'm gonna blame the weather, although I'm fairly certain that the lake wasn't anywhere near as "bumpy" today as it was yesterday because you used the big boards ;)

:unsure:Did he show you the lure with an attitude that beat up poor Steve last week?

He likely just does it when I'm with him ... the psychological warfare starts before I even climb aboard.
At least he's not using a net with the bottom cut out of it, just on those days you go out with him Stomp.

thanks for a great recommendation
No problem. But I didn't really do anything other than give you the information you were seeking. You're the one who decided to act on that information, and @tailfeathers is the one who made it happen.

The way I see it is since I can't take people out myself in that boat I don't own yet and show them what I've learned, I can at least tell people where to go, sometimes politely, :) and sometimes, :devil: maybe not so much. ;):LOL:.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks