Too much fun!

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Today was the day for the first run of the new jet boat! Launched at Stanley and ripped up the creek. I wasnt 100% confident as I've read lots about how finicky jet setups can be. Turned out I may have nailed it first try! It jumped onto plane very easily, never ventilated and performed as well as I could have hoped! Hope the links work??

IMG_20210925_115751.jpg

Today was the day for the first run of the new jet boat! Launched at Stanley and ripped up the creek. I wasnt 100% confident as I've read lots about how finicky jet setups can be. Turned out I may have nailed it first try! It jumped onto plane very easily, never ventilated and performed as well as I could have hoped! Hope the links work??

View attachment 50220
That looks like fun

Nice going and some great high water for this time

cleaning up and I will be out soon ..5 days left for my spots

I am still stuck...maybe I need to try hanging out at the queenston boat launch again..see whats going on
see if i can get a ride upstream niagara..or an available good charter maybe you know
Good luck with your fall fishing

Saw you drive passed this afternoon looks like a fun rig. Im the dock right next to the painted chicken tree how far up the creek did u get?

Saw you drive passed this afternoon looks like a fun rig. Im the dock right next to the painted chicken tree how far up the creek did u get?
😂 We made it all the way to St Thomas....there was a fresh tree across the river here....
Screenshot_20210926-234634_Maps.jpg

what depth do you set your cannon balls at? 3mm? 250um (micron)? Your anchor rope of 1.5 feet ever get in the way?

that thing looks like a blast!!

I'm curious to know how it would handle chop on the bay. Would probably be fun! Like tubing but being pushed instead of pulled.

I'm curious to know how it would handle chop on the bay. Would probably be fun! Like tubing but being pushed instead of pulled.
Doesn't work great in waves. The jet constantly ventilates as air is pushed into the tunnel. Also, there is no trim and no bow lift like there is with a propped lower unit. We went out and cruised around in some 2 foot rollers and it did OK but its certainly not a rough water setup with the jet drive.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks