Tonight's Italian

Ticker

My wife was in a mood for some Italian flavor tonight. So I made veal cutlets on a bun with sautéed vegetables, mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini, side dish pan sautéed rapinni with garlic and chili flakes 20210306_175910.jpg20210306_180215.jpg

I was thinking of simple saute with some olive oil and a bit of salt/pepper for first time - any other suggestions?
I was shown by my Italian friend :
Clean Rapini " you have to remove the leafs off the stem and don't leave the thick parts on " and remove top " bulb " as well just where the stem start " the rest is hard fiber and won't break down
A couple cloves of garlic thin sliced " amount to your liking "
Dried chili flakes
I blench it first just enough till the leafs Welch' than strain
I use a frying pan , table spoon of olive oil add garlic and chili flakes the soon you smell the fragrance add the Rapini and salt and black pepper to taste ,
Test the thicker part if tender its done only takes minutes
If you drained it earlier and let it sit in a strainer you may need a bit of water so it's not dry sometimes add a bit extra olive oil
My friend do not blench it just keeps adding water as needed
I find when blenched it's easier to cook and milder in flavor

I was shown by my Italian friend :
Clean Rapini " you have to remove the leafs off the stem and don't leave the thick parts on " and remove top " bulb " as well just where the stem start " the rest is hard fiber and won't break down
A couple cloves of garlic thin sliced " amount to your liking "
Dried chili flakes
I blench it first just enough till the leafs Welch' than strain
I use a frying pan , table spoon of olive oil add garlic and chili flakes the soon you smell the fragrance add the Rapini and salt and black pepper to taste ,
Test the thicker part if tender its done only takes minutes
If you drained it earlier and let it sit in a strainer you may need a bit of water so it's not dry sometimes add a bit extra olive oil
My friend do not blench it just keeps adding water as needed
I find when blenched it's easier to cook and milder in flavor
I appreciate the detail on how to prep and cook it! I'm hoping we like it.. nutritionally it's a veggie all star.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks