Today on the Bay

Walleye

Well.

Had to rewire the Skidoo Trailer, test all the gear and such for my first outing this year.

Number one and I headed down to St. Willys and got set up with one scoop of Grangers finest. We went out as far as the last hut, ( didn't, want to be a test pilot ) in about four and a half feet of water. The water was clear and no current.

We managed to catch a bunch of really small fish with the largest being 7 inches. We did have three jumbos come by but the dinks hit before they could.

So the end result was no keepers from 16:00 until 18:00 but what a beauty day.

Cheers, Clark

I was out today from old cut,,ice is kinda scary looking there were spots with open water & I believe a layer of ice below water,,,I would not take a machine out there,,but there were a few that did.... started at 11:30 fished till about 4.....moved once...... worst day ever ice fishing............. didn't see a fish.... I thought last week was bad,, only 2 pike outa St. williams & saw {caught} 4 small perch last Wed.....I'm very dissappointed at this time...Talked to 1 guy coming in & he was taking home 4 fish........good luck to any1 going

If Cans r flyin,they will b dyin...

Thanks for the update ,I too am dissatisfied the fish are very elusive these days, recently took a jab at it only caught a fiew ,however you just never know when it will turn on ! .when it does look out you will have the time of your life . So keep trying you might be in for some good eating too ,it's like the lottery if you don,t play you can,t win " cheers!,,,,

I decided to make the trip to St Williams this morning and like the rest of us never brought a fish home. I moved 7 times trying to put something together. I as Walleye went to the last and beyond then moved back in then towards TP. then way out. then that was enough. Although it was a great day, little windy but not gusting which is nice. I did check out the ice that looks like open water(while waiting for a fish to swim by) and they are all 4" or more of ice but incredibly clear and scary looking. Cant be back out till Monday but am very optimistic that this slow period will break. Have a great day.

FWIW ... best Long Point perch ice experiences I have had were later day, after 4:00. Years ago, I did have some great success with Crappies thru the ice at Marina Shores, but I don't know if they still run in there in March.

We got out as well, tried on the closer side of the huts towards St Williams, very sad day compared to being out there on a boat. we got 3 little dinks and when I pulled the tip-up to leave it had a big ole catfish on the line. Hope it changes as Id like to come down next week. Maybe better to try over by Old Cut or Marina shores??

Jamie

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks