Time for the smoker

spincast

Finally had a chance to hit O solo day every fish came off the left side 3 colour core took all but one pink panties and a small red kwik fish took most of the hits
perfect size for the smoker

Attachments

• 16241252710585683101198012430523.jpg
    16241252710585683101198012430523.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 84
Nice job, heading out tomorrow, what port were you out of.. hope to replicate what you did., most fishin upper water Columbia...great job again..

Nice job, heading out tomorrow, what port were you out of.. hope to replicate what you did., most fishin upper water Columbia...great job again..
Thanks Dewworm

Launched out of Grimsby the word this end of the lake fish 200-300 fow I worked the deep side of the 200 ledge went out as far 240 and as shallow as 175 screen was blank all day, saw a few feeding on the surface as I went by speeds from 2.4 to 2.7 put fish in the boat I will probably be back out tomorrow for the exercise- this June has not been up to standard if you have a radio, I monitor channel 10 on O
Good luck tomorrow

And ready to brine except for the small bow, he's invited to dinner :)

I thought they are all coho. Which one is the bow? I cant tell from the pic as they all look the same.

Does time of year/diet have an impact on flesh color or is it the same color all year?

What smoker do you have? I an looking at buying a pitboss, To smoke and barbecue.
Hey Beagles, I have a masterbilt electric with a cold smoker attachment works great, although I would love to a have a charcoal smoker for the ribs and meats, but only so many toys one man can acquire and still remain free of spousal support payments :)

I thought they are all coho. Which one is the bow? I cant tell from the pic as they all look the same.

Does time of year/diet have an impact on flesh color or is it the same color all year?
2 bows, 2 Coho 1 Chinook I can't say I am a pro on the diet thing, although I have heard it said a diet of minnows makes for paler flesh, and flies / crustaceans for a pinker flesh Regardless of what they eat, I find Coho is the sweetest, rainbow next, and Chinook are that strong salmon flavor I rarely smoke Coho, but I have a back up requests from family due to the slow start on lake O this year I find kings make the best smoked, cold or hot of the three as the flavor is not easily overpowered

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks