Time for a New Forum?

B

Big Dave

How about it Stomp?

A new forum for the antics of the few, one that they are restricted to. Allow them a chance to graduate to the real forum but when they slip to their childish ways back they go, like back of the SHORT bus.

I dont know what to name it. I thought Kiddies Corner but I wouldn't want to embarass children.

Call it "the penalty box"? We need something more original.

Any thoughts on names?

I know who I would nominate for the first member and also bet he would be a life timer:D

BD

Check me out on Face Book
Big Daves Fishing Charters
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/BigDavesFishingCharter

You are the 3 guys that always seem to start with the insults. Practice what you preach! The new forum should be called grumpy old bastards!

This form is OK, just have to ignore negative comments. Sometimes we can learn from the negatives. No matter how many forums you create you'll have some difference of opinions, that's the nature of the beast. I figure Stomp does a good job with this forum. It's a lot of work. Starting all over getting members and sponsors would put us in reverse.
Thanks Stomp

Hey All.............probley should add fuel to the fire but I don't visit this forum much anymore because every thread I read is someone bashing someone about how many fish he catches more than everyone else , someone put up a good post with pics. and someone shoots off that they can't be right because there is or isn't snow on the ground ,drinking beer on the ice....ect ect, to bad I never minded putting info on where the fish are and maybe a bragging post once in awhile on channel 6-8 but anymore there is no sence if its just going to lead to key board fight !!! ................apps

002200x150.jpg

Well, I am working on new forum software, but I wasn't planning on changing things much beyond that. This forum has been going for 16 years and we've had a few **** disturbers during that time, but, in general, it's an easy thing to moderate.

BTW - I did take a long look at VBulletin. The guys that wrote the original version of VBulletin have left the company and started XenForo. I'm presently looking at XenForo and IPBoard as possible forum packages.

How about make every one use their real names?It works on other sites,cuts down on the b/s.It's easy to mouth off from a key board and sit behind a fake name.Just food for thought

:Dwell guys do like i did i put bobo on the ignore list cant read any thing he postsfor some one who is on all kinds of sites me thinks he is on social assist..hes all over the block lol lots of time to try and get looked at so i ignored him roflfao

I would personelly like to be able to post photo`s a lot easier on this Forum.Every time I try,I get frustrated and end up going Fishing instead.It is a good thing.LOL8DBut seriuosly,user friendly for posting picture`s would help a guy like me,who would rather be Outdoors then behind a Computer Screen.I have taken 1 computer course so far,and I am waiting for the 2nd Phase to start soon,hopefully it will help me.I usually have a few Photo`s to share to all,after one of my Fishing Trips.Thanks for reading.See you on the Bay.8D

RED FISH

I found out how to use the following ...
http://picturepush.com/upa

and successfully posted pics here
It's quite easy if an ole fart like me can do it! Huron :)

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

You are the 3 guys that always seem to start with the insults. Practice what you preach! The new forum should be called grumpy old bastards!

Bahahahaha... Big Dave is always Whinning about something

Team Rau..!

Huron Thanks,I will give http://picturepush.com/upa a try the next time I have a few photo`s to post,including some Ice Huts,LOL that you enjoy seeing8DI know that I had photo`s posted here many times over the year`s on Stomp`s,but my daughter was here to help me at that time and has me with Photobucket,she has since moved out,and daddys little helper is hard to get a hold of.Either way,my next trip out,there should be some photo`s to follow with my Fishing Report of the day out.Good Luck to you if you get a chance to get out Perching on Long Point Bay.There are quite a few colourful Ice Huts there.8D

RED FISH

Red Herring, photobucket is pretty user friendly once you get the hang of things. All you have to do is upload the photo and copy the IMG code and paste it here in the message box.

What exactly are you having troubles with? Maybe I or someone can you help you a bit.

DSCF3054.jpg

quinner01,Thank-You for offering to Help.I am off to go Perching today,and I am meeting my partner soon.I will give photbucket also another try when I get back.I will be in contact with you,if there is a problem.Much Appreciated to you and Huron.;) Perch ON!!8D

RED FISH

All in all I think this forum is great, I hardly ever post anything just follow the day to day info people enjoy sharing, its interesting. Every now and then someone chirps someone else but then again I guess we al have different opinions on things such as conservations vs. free for alls, people brag gin up areas and sharing info that should be kept personal because enhances are if you know something most other people on this forum fish the area enough to know it as well, which is why for the most part i keep my mouth shut. The forum just gives us something to check up on from time to time to stay in the loop. You have to expect ignorant comments from people every now and then, its the world we live in. And for the most part this hasn't really been a big problem you learn what to expect from certain members and just have to take it as a grain of salt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks