Off Topic Timber Wolf Update

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Flew in Monday and said my farewell to civilization till mid July. My chariot was waiting for me and to take in a load (1600 lbs) into the lodge. Just coming into Nagagami Lake the ice pack was all pushed down to the south of the lake. The ice just started to break up last Wednesday. Still snow drifts here at the lodge. It’s been cold 6-13 celsius and rain. Since I got in here. Serviced 5 Yamaha 15 hp engines today and installed them on the 18’ cedar boats plus installed 2 new Merc 20hp 4 strokers. We are waiting for the Otter plane to be delivering a new 18’ cedar boat and a few heavy items. New wood stove and a new upright fridge freezer
I’ll send pictures of it with the boat strapped to the pontoons.
The first set of guests will be arriving this Saturday and the fish cleaning begins??
BC05BF35-EB0B-4FFC-9A49-2C35A2AF1BDA.jpeg44153D92-9C06-4FD9-BFAA-005C91A3322C.jpegDECCD47A-7DAF-44C1-8CAA-22A84BA3F6BD.jpegA8770F0E-6FC7-46CD-B666-D714B40BDA97.jpeg

Love seeing your pictures from the lodge Three Bouys. The guests coming in,what will they be fishing for.
@fishin fool there is only 4 species of fish here to be caught. Walleye, pike, perch and white fish. With walleye the #1 fish caught the most. Their perch here are very tasty compared to what we get at home and when cleaning them to take home for the guests leaving a piece of skin on them dulls a knife very quickly. They have a tough almost bullet proof skin.

Flew in Monday and said my farewell to civilization till mid July. My chariot was waiting for me and to take in a load (1600 lbs) into the lodge. Just coming into Nagagami Lake the ice pack was all pushed down to the south of the lake. The ice just started to break up last Wednesday. Still snow drifts here at the lodge. It’s been cold 6-13 celsius and rain. Since I got in here. Serviced 5 Yamaha 15 hp engines today and installed them on the 18’ cedar boats plus installed 2 new Merc 20hp 4 strokers. We are waiting for the Otter plane to be delivering a new 18’ cedar boat and a few heavy items. New wood stove and a new upright fridge freezer
I’ll send pictures of it with the boat strapped to the pontoons.
The first set of guests will be arriving this Saturday and the fish cleaning begins??
View attachment 14250View attachment 14251View attachment 14252View attachment 14253
Glad to read that you made it up there safe @Three Bouys ? but,you forgot one thing!! ME!! :cautious::giggle: lol You sound very busy already,getting the camp ready for your first guests this saturday!! It looks like paradise up there again,(except for the ice and snow-lol),and please do send some photo’s to @stomp website from Timberwolf Lodge again for us all to see,just like you did last year.Again,it’s wierd to see the ice and the snow still up there,and it is definitely a late spring there,which you didn’t experience last year when it was your first trip,(I believe),to Nagagami Lake.It was nice meeting the owners and the staff from Timberwolf Lodge with you and @stomp and @Mickey Finn @Extra Virgin and @Dmanwithnoname at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show last March,2019.Be careful of the bears there,and not all bears are friendly,like the one that I was petting in the photo,at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show lol :ROFLMAO: All the best,& enjoy your working/fishing vacation,and please keep us all updated on how many fish you are cleaning,(lol) etc.????:p

Attachments

• 32F9D3A3-333D-40D9-9EF3-1085116302D9.jpeg
    32F9D3A3-333D-40D9-9EF3-1085116302D9.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
  • AAB9E3DF-CAFA-4822-8B22-035BE4306B18.jpeg
    AAB9E3DF-CAFA-4822-8B22-035BE4306B18.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • 1B186B95-4142-43A3-A026-C7350A150EB2.jpeg
    1B186B95-4142-43A3-A026-C7350A150EB2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
@Three Bouys... That nice rectangular bed of snow in the last photo looks like a perfect spot for @stomp to bed down in his sleeping bag if he comes this year. :p
In the second photo is that you out in the middle of that ice pack in your Rapala ice hut? :eek:o_O
Have a great trip again this year Jim and take time for some fishing. :D

Everyone dreams of a fly in fishing trip, but for me it’s realality. I’ve been fortunate to be asked again to come up to help out.
I truly believe it takes a special person that actually loves the outdoors and be able to be separated from civilization. People take things for granted and don’t think twice about jumping in their car and going out for an evening on the town. Here it’s different you can’t have what your use to........... missing my ice cream????. You just can’t go to your local lumber yard. Here we cut our own considering just a flight in and you better make sure you can fill the plane with supplies costs $600.00
Other than that, walleye fishing here is amazing as long as you have a jig tipped with a minnow it’s that simple.
More pictures to come as my time goes on until mid July before I return home.
52ED0671-51B5-414C-9658-D97A59CB1CC1.jpeg

Nice going there Three Buoys, sure is a nice way to spend a couple of months in the bush!!!!! When i was a kid my parents would fly me up to my god parents lodge on Gullrock Lake by Red Lake for the summer. I would do all jobs around the lodge like cleaning cottages, garbage,cleaning fish for the Americans and even guiding.. my parents would come up i august for three weeks and i would drive home with them, I was 13 when i first went up there...anyway we are going on a flyin trip in 2 weeks june 6th out of Nakina with Twin Lake Outfitters, i have been going up for over 30 years and they fishing is just awesome...I will post pictures when i get back...pocono

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks