Fishing Report Timber Wolf June 12

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Had a little time to my self so I thought maybe I’ll see what’s under the dock. Made 2 short casts and bottom bounced my jig and pulled in this nice 18” eater. But I decided to release it for another day. Nice thing about here you can take a break and do a little fishing while the guests are out fishing. We are fully packed with 16 guests. A group of 12 from Indiana and 4 from Michigan. I final had the chance to sip on some illegal moon shine last night from the Indiana boys. Although the alcohol content was cut down to approx 95% from its original 165% alcohol. Very tasty and was made from apples. It’s quite the operation to make when asked them. They would make up 28 gallons of mash then the end result was about 5 gallons of 165% alcohol. Believe me I couldn’t taste the apple flavour. They just kept passing around the quart for everyone to have a sip??
E8E9E61C-D28F-424E-B582-20AD3FA5D79E.jpeg

Cool! Enjoy the beverages! Jealous of the northern Ontario fish and wilderness. As a numbers guy, I feel like I need to mention, just for the record...165 proof means 82.5% alcohol. 95 proof means 47.5% alcohol. The one % you have quoted is technically impossible, but then again, it is northern Ontario.

Proof is defined as twice the alcohol (ethanol) content by volume.

Many years ago I was lucky enough to be one of the individuals that was involved in unloading the Bacardi rum boat when it came onto Toronto harbour. One to three hectic days of delivering many many loads to the FBM distillery up in Brampton (RIP) and various other distillers in Southern Ontario.

An interesting process with some VERY fine powerful rums (especially the amber) ? and some HORRIBLE Green (not ready for prime time) Rums. ?☹?

The boat didn't arrive with bottle ready rums. ?

Love your updates @Three Bouys

Last edited:
Please note, this was not meant to be offensive. I was posting a bit of tongue in cheek fun. And trying to help out with my booze % note above. I got a private message from another member who accused me of deliberately being a jerk to @Three Bouys. Was not and will never be my intention.
I love @Three Bouys posts, and mean no dis-respect.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks