Fishing Report This weekend - Niagara River, Erie

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Please tell me someone is still fishing here!!! :) :) :) Two fishing trips to Niagara river this weekend with my senior fishing buddy and another very senior fishing friend - each one brought 3 limits of very good-size walleyes (largest 14 lbs), a few silver bass, laker, smallmouth bass, brown trout, sheephead and catfish. The fish is active and some walleyes fought like salmon. I was almost crying as I was releasing the laker back into the river :(

1573483024354.png1573483032722.png1573483041672.png1573483052883.png

Somewhere not too far from the bridge. Don't remember where exactly but it is a public launch. The dock however is not there, just the ramp. Probably was taken off by wind etc. We had to let the other buddy to jump into the boat from the shore, where is sandy surface.

Please tell me someone is still fishing here!!! :) :) :) Two fishing trips to Niagara river this weekend with my senior fishing buddy and another very senior fishing friend - each one brought 3 limits of very good-size walleyes (largest 14 lbs), a few silver bass, laker, smallmouth bass, brown trout, sheephead and catfish. The fish is active and some walleyes fought like salmon. I was almost crying as I was releasing the laker back into the river :(

View attachment 19163View attachment 19164View attachment 19165View attachment 19166
Great job!
Did you use minnows? Where can you get minnows this time of the year?
I am thinking about fishing the river next week.
IS

We used jigs with and without minnows - my fishing buddy brought minnows from Toronto. I am sure somewhere around Niagara falls there must be a place that sells them.

Nice catch. I would strongly advise not posting pictures of out of season fish. The MNR is quite willing to hand out fines for not immediately releasing fish. They have made it very clear that posing for pictures, weighing or measuring constitutes possession. I've seen several instances of charges being laid for similar pics on social media....

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks