thinking about a smoker

skinny

I would like to build a smoker I have some ideas. but I need some parts like

6 racks from a fridge or stove racks must all be same size

also looking for the burner and controls from a old gas hot water tank must be pilot type like a old super flu

that is my starter parts

if it all works out by using the water tank burnner and controls I should be able to get the temp set and have it maintain it

hi skinny, i have an old fridge that i use. it has the element out of an electric oven mounted in the bottom with the controls mounted on the outside near the top. u can make multiple brackets to place ur racks at different heights and set temp were u want it. just make sure u make a couple brackets close to element to get good smoke without cranking heat to high. works good.

An old style frig(not a plastic one) works great. Just get a single electric hot plate and remove any plastic parts and set it in the bottom with a frying pan on it for the wood chips. Even an oven from an old stove works good.Just make sure you got a dip pan under the racks to catch the grease.

100_0627.jpg

Brian (Legend Man)

thats like the ones I remember.

I was going to build my box due to not seeing many of those old fridges around any more

You might find the hot water burner will be too hot, from what i remember they are quite a lot of btu's, so when it comes on the temp will spike way over the 220f that is optimal

thanks for the info I was also just told that some fridge racks have a coating that will tant the food

All the smokers i've had have th e same racks as refrigerators wouldn't worry about it, butcher and resturant supply in brantford have tons of racks of all sizes out back in the warehouse, not sure of the prices though

ok I got a bunch of oven racks
I also got all the guts from a gas stove (going to make it so if gas is no go then back to electric)

anyone know where to get non treated cedear for a resonable price. I still nee to figure how much I need but looking at this point

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks