thieves again

A few years back before I got my cameras I had all my fold up steps taken from my stand. Who ever took them must have seen them while snooping around one day and came back a second time with a 9/16th socket and ratchet because they were screwed to the tree with 3 1/2 in, x 3/8th lag bolts and it must have take him a while because he took 9 steps that's 18 lag bolts. I would have loved to come up behind the prick while he was taking them.
I had one go missing this year. 20-ish screw in steps and hang-on stand. I rope off with climbing gear to hang them or take them down. For the amount of effort it took them to steal some 20-year-old gear you'd think they would have the ambition to just get a job and buy their own shit.

I have about a dozen spypoints out but I have never been concerned with people stealing them cause they have a micro SD card in them that you can disable from your phone rendering it unusable plus it has a built in gps tracker. However I have the luxury of hunting all private land close to our property and nothing has been stolen in over 10 years (Knock on wood). However prior to that I hunted on private land adjacent to public and I lost tree stands as well as cameras. I had cable locks on everything but obviously a hunter with a shotgun needed it more cause he just shot threw all my cables!

Couple years back me and my buddy were up on and an old barn roof target shooting as we watched his neighbour blast past the fence and heading to the woods on an atv right behind where we were activly shooting we ran out there and confronted the guy who belived that the owner of the house he was renti g owned the whole forest we corfected him on that but he had to start throsing acusations that we wernt allowed to shoot a .22 rifle in this area witch is all farmland country were we live as soon as they know there in the wrong they try to place blame on others to cover there own ass while we walked where he went in and put sticks on the tracks he went back in the next weekend and we went for a walk after and foubd a tfee stand that shouldnt be in the forest now we own that stand and have never heard nothing back from him or who ever put it there no common sense if he got shot we would be facing the law even tho he was tresspassing

I found a couple treestands set up on our hunting property close to the sideroad where the guy was coming in.
I took them down, along with his screw in steps, and left notes on the tree with my ph#. He could get his stuff back ONCE but he had to meet up with me to get it. He called, had some lame story that he knew someone that knew the owners and it was OK...until I told him I was in charge of hunting access. He came and got his stuff and never came back.

In the picture posted on this thread you see two guys wandering around hunted private property. With or without trimming grandma shears ... look at the time stamp on the trail cam pics ... two things come to mind .. 1...thease young people are not only trespassing but in hunting season . 2... walking around a active land plot that is with hunters actively loaded .... bow ...shotgun... we have all !!!!! ...MISSED A TARGET .....posting at property boundaries is what I am considering ... to do diligence... but the bottom line is that you can't fix stupid
Is a trail cam worth stealing on active land or taking a short cut ...over property you have no business being there ...

just a suggestion would consider getting a big dog...that would cost a fortune in food $$$

it would be high maintenance..I could never afford a dog..but

some do just to keep things good ..big dog bark alone would say good bye to thieves..

just a suggestion would consider getting a big dog...that would cost a fortune in food $$$

it would be high maintenance..I could never afford a dog..but

some do just to keep things good ..big dog bark alone would say good bye to thieves..
I think chaining guard dogs up to each trail cam would deter more then just the thieves lol 😂

dog bite hurts..
seriously heres my ol friend trappers new rottweiller..the wolves ate is full grown shepard..he cried for a month
this male here is a pup..see the smoke billowing up from the shack..boiling down fresh beaver meat to build muscle..he later took that dog with him up to alaska where he learned to protect from bear & wolf...see that dinosaur bone on the ground..thats a big big black bear hip bone ol trapper shot him standing his front door... campfire story...spikes on big plywood door mat
full blooded french canadian trapper born in the bush..I know nothing like him

he taught me huntin bear west of hearst and way up in 19..
spring walleyes 2019 137.jpg

stopped for a refuel at his boyz camper ..the claw marks on the door
with a 357 on the table
you wanna guard property he would tell ya to get a dog..a mean one
spring walleyes 2019 142.jpg

had a camera stolen a couple of years ago, think I know who stole it , just cann't prove it..
Cameras are now in locked boxes, 15ft up a tree.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks