thieves again

Fishfarmer

I don't know why people must steal, camera card gone again! Trying to hide trespassing or just scum!
just pissed off

Unfortunately that is not the case, it is "hunters" that were where they did not belong.
Had to send one packing Monday

It's amazing you have places that are off the grid and there's always somebody walking around looking for something And/or a free ride to hunt on someone's property Without permission

Attachments

• 00000016.JPG
    00000016.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 205
When everything is posted and off limits, no permissions to be had, people will cry foul and wonder why....
A few, maybe lots continue to be the problem, speaking to neighbors and I will be actively looking to restrict access around here as much as needed.
Farming is hard enough, the little I get to hunt is important to me and I don't need a$$ hats costing me more $$$ and bull $it

Same happened to me a few years back. Now cameras are 8 feet in the air.
At least they left the camera.

And you know when you see utensils that they are carrying... you know that are taking what's not theres

WGI_0007-2.jpeg

What would he be taking with yard pruners? A few branches maybe? Have to keep an eye on my grandma. Saw the exact same set in her garage the other day.

There was a homeless guy living down in the gully at the farm I hunt … we noticed the area he was living in had no deer this season.

What would he be taking with yard pruners? A few branches maybe? Have to keep an eye on my grandma. Saw the exact same set in her garage the other day.

LOL!

Maybe he developed a strain of weed that needs to be hit with multiple frosts before it's ready?

Cedar or pine boughs for Christmas decorations? Maybe thistles?

Maybe he thinks they're bolt cutters and he's on a mission to try and steal some gear?

Or, seeing as he's in camo and probably a hunter, he's just going in to clear some shooting lanes for bow hunting where he doesn't belong.

I was told that locks only keep honest people honest. It's a real p i t a when you have to drag a ladder out with you every time you want to check your SD card or you have to chain and/or bolt your stand to the tree because some people don't understand or respect what a No Trespassing or Red Dot sign means.

I have 4 cameras out. 2 watching the deer and the other 2 ( just cheap crappy tire ones ) hidden behind watching the cameras.
That’s good idea
But unless they are wearing name tags with contact info on them won’t do you much good.. unless you already know them

At least if you have pictures you could ask around. ( better then nothing )
Agreed!
I’ve been seeing on the deer hunting group on Facebook lots of people seem to have this issue of people trespassing and/or steeling cameras and tree stands

A few years back before I got my cameras I had all my fold up steps taken from my stand. Who ever took them must have seen them while snooping around one day and came back a second time with a 9/16th socket and ratchet because they were screwed to the tree with 3 1/2 in, x 3/8th lag bolts and it must have take him a while because he took 9 steps that's 18 lag bolts. I would have loved to come up behind the prick while he was taking them.

Attachments

• IMG_0208[1].JPG
    IMG_0208[1].JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 16
A few years back before I got my cameras I had all my fold up steps taken from my stand. Who ever took them must have seen them while snooping around one day and came back a second time with a 9/16th socket and ratchet because they were screwed to the tree with 3 1/2 in, x 3/8th lag bolts and it must have take him a while because he took 9 steps that's 18 lag bolts. I would have loved to come up behind the prick while he was taking them.
Likey the guy had a battery operated rachet tool that had the bolts out in just minutes

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks