The Tundra Swans Have Arrived

Tundra Swan

Hello Guys,

The Tundra Swans are back at Long Point as of yesterday afternoon ... not many but the first of many to follow soon.

Jerome

We were hunting in the west end of unit Wednesday morning and saw about a hundred descending from great height. They landed close to about a dozen mutes who were not happy to see them. The mutes went into their puffed up aggressive posture and tried to chase them off without success.

Yes Jerome, I saw a flock already feeding in a field close to Brantford this morning and assumed the first migrants had arrived.

Hello Singlemalt,

They must have been the same ones that I saw and heard going into the Big Creek Wildlife Management Area later in the afternoon ... across from my house.

They are always a pleasure to hear when I am indoors and to see when I am outdoors ... music to my ears.

Jerome

Always a sight to behold when they show up but when can we hunt them ?

Correct me if I'm wrong Jerome but hasn't a few more States been recently added to the list allowed to harvest them ?

I was in TP friday and saturday in the night thats all you could hear.Is this early or about right for them to start to show up ?

Give or take a week now is about right. Usually the Divers show up end of October mostly Redheads and Bluebills followed by Canvasbacks first part of November and of course the Tundras . A lot depends available food , weather conditions, the length of day and their own little internal clock to guide them on their way.

Give or take a week now is about right. Usually the Divers show up end of October mostly Redheads and Bluebills followed by Canvasbacks first part of November and of course the Tundras . A lot depends available food , weather conditions, the length of day and their own little internal clock to guide them on their way.

Hello OCLP and Ship Wrecked,

OCLP ... I have a Tundra Swan update to post after this along with an open letter for OFAH Members to read.

Ship Wrecked ... just a bit early this year since they usually arrive just before Remembrance Day.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks