Fishing Report The Lake of Empty

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Since mother nature decided that this weekend will be the fourth fake spring, we decided to fish Fanshawe before the storm hit just in case this is the last chance to ice fish. Got up at the crack of dawn & headed out to meet @Dmanwithnoname for some walleye before the storm hits and the walleye season closes...... I got to the lake 3 minutes late from our agreed 6:30am meeting time and asked where he was, only to get a text that he just woke up :banghead: (strange as this is the guy who lives for fishing and is up and ready hours before me!) So I headed out near the dam to giver a go while I waited with no luck, so along comes @Dmanwithnoname with the walleye plan to give me cardiac arrest hiking half way across the lake to the walleye honey hole (y) The water was very stained & there was no takers in any of the known good spots, so we headed back to the dam when I got a text from @Red Hering who was scouting out some other fishing spots. He came out for an hour or two to keep us company while we didn't catch fish in the deeper end of the lake. Always a good day out fishing and not catching when you are with good friends than wondering if the bite was on/off sitting on the couch! Hopefully the Bay of Empty holds up after this weeks warm up so we can get back out one more time (y)

Since mother nature decided that this weekend will be the fourth fake spring, we decided to fish Fanshawe before the storm hit just in case this is the last chance to ice fish. Got up at the crack of dawn & headed out to meet @Dmanwithnoname for some walleye before the storm hits and the walleye season closes...... I got to the lake 3 minutes late from our agreed 6:30am meeting time and asked where he was, only to get a text that he just woke up :banghead: (strange as this is the guy who lives for fishing and is up and ready hours before me!) So I headed out near the dam to giver a go while I waited with no luck, so along comes @Dmanwithnoname with the walleye plan to give me cardiac arrest hiking half way across the lake to the walleye honey hole (y) The water was very stained & there was no takers in any of the known good spots, so we headed back to the dam when I got a text from @Red Hering who was scouting out some other fishing spots. He came out for an hour or two to keep us company while we didn't catch fish in the deeper end of the lake. Always a good day out fishing and not catching when you are with good friends than wondering if the bite was on/off sitting on the couch! Hopefully the Bay of Empty holds up after this weeks warm up so we can get back out one more time (y)

View attachment 12951View attachment 12952View attachment 12953View attachment 12954
Another excellent report and photo’s @Extra Virgin!! As always,it was great to be fishing with you and @Dmanwithnoname again!! o_O;)?? I am already looking forward to be fishing the Detroit River with you both on a charter for walleye’s when the walleye “run” begins.After my unsuccessful morning attempt at trying to catch walleye’s from the riverbank on the thames river around the Delaware area,it was a bit of a switch for me from a running river with ice packs in the morning,(I didn’t fish it),to back on the hardwater :giggle::Dfor a couple of hours in the afternoon!! You both made my afternoon of fishing with you a fun time again by also shooting the breeze about our past adventures to the present.To my surprise,(but not really),you both already had a icehole predrilled for me,plus loaning me a ice rod and bait so that I could fish!! Very classy to the both of you & a thumb up!! ?? here is a photo from @Extra Virgin of me.?;)? Too bad that you both didn’t catch a walleye,but it wasn’t for the lack of trying by the both of you,by dragging a portable ice hut across that difficult terrain from one end of fanshawe lake to another :eek::oops:;)to fish near the Fanshawe Dam next,(which I personally have never done by dragging a hut that far!!! :eek::oops:),where I eventually met up with you both around noon hour.It is a tough lake to ice fish & too bad that some of the “hot spot’s” that I circled for you on a chart of Fanshawe Lake that I have,didn’t have walleye’s on them.:banghead: :cautious: The walleye’s are there,and here is a walleye photo from a previous trip from fanshawe lake,and I am hoping to try ice fishing for them again this coming week,ice safety permitting first as always,before the walleye season closes in Zone 16.Till we meet again @Extra Virgin and @Dmanwithnoname either on the “bay of empty” lol :ROFLMAO:;)
or even on the “lake of empty?” :oops:(walleye photo :whistle:;)) from fanshawe lake.???:)?

Attachments

• 09DF5188-D4EE-46A3-9EED-238166E6FB70.jpeg
    09DF5188-D4EE-46A3-9EED-238166E6FB70.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 9377038A-60DE-4D2E-961D-F3D32FC6C2CE.jpeg
    9377038A-60DE-4D2E-961D-F3D32FC6C2CE.jpeg
    752.8 KB · Views: 19
  • A99230D0-3FF5-4656-8C4B-0F35D91402A1.jpeg
    A99230D0-3FF5-4656-8C4B-0F35D91402A1.jpeg
    628.9 KB · Views: 19
Photo’s of a successful day of walleye fishing,but recently the walleye bite has been slow,but hopefully the walleye’s will bite again the next time!! Either way,it is always great to enjoy the great outdoors!! ???o_O

Attachments

• 0AF536D9-B8F0-4995-8330-34687252BE6D.jpeg
    0AF536D9-B8F0-4995-8330-34687252BE6D.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 0D596748-5DAE-43DC-B655-892A43369FF3.jpeg
    0D596748-5DAE-43DC-B655-892A43369FF3.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 61DDD553-7786-409A-B43A-FF3EF41D2614.jpeg
    61DDD553-7786-409A-B43A-FF3EF41D2614.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 33
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks