The fat lady has sung.

John

Here's a post from jimmy riggin. He said it best "The winds have been intense here in Long Point. The ice has blown out, which means the end to our 2019 ice fishing season. The winds are continuing to build. They anticipate waves on Lake Erie to reach 22 feet with the possibility of some 36 footers. In the photo below of the Bay you can see open water in the distance. The shoreline ice should be gone by morning. Those with reservations will be contacted shortly."
Cant get much clearer than this.

Yup
Here's a post from jimmy riggin. He said it best "The winds have been intense here in Long Point. The ice has blown out, which means the end to our 2019 ice fishing season. The winds are continuing to build. They anticipate waves on Lake Erie to reach 22 feet with the possibility of some 36 footers. In the photo below of the Bay you can see open water in the distance. The shoreline ice should be gone by morning. Those with reservations will be contacted shortly."
had a feeling this might be the last ice wk end before I heard the high wind and weather reports

I can’t
@John I can’t find your photo of the bay showing open water,but I have seen other photo’s from other @stomp members post’s of open water,and I can’t believe that the ice fishing season is over this year but very understandable of course from jimmy riggin’s post.I unfortunately only got out onto the bay ice fishing once back on February 1/19.(photo). 12787I will be checking out the ice condition report for Lake Simcoe next,and I am not prepared to store my ice fishing tackle away yet,but safe ice always first!! ?:)

Nice pics Larry. You enjoy a nice view from your vantage point. Just so glad I got out there with my wife last Tuesday. I couple of dinks, but I'm settled down now. Keep posting the view during the coming Spring season. Thanks. Huron.

That hut was left out on purpose. I hear its the same guy who had to be rescued yesterday. Apparently hes planning to fish out if it tomorrow. I heard someone saw him in port Rowan filling his snowmobile up with gas before the ride out.... lmfao

I can’t

@John I can’t find your photo of the bay showing open water,but I have seen other photo’s from other @stomp members post’s of open water,and I can’t believe that the ice fishing season is over this year but very understandable of course from jimmy riggin’s post.I unfortunately only got out onto the bay ice fishing once back on February 1/19.(photo). View attachment 12787I will be checking out the ice condition report for Lake Simcoe next,and I am not prepared to store my ice fishing tackle away yet,but safe ice always first!! ?:)
Was fishing Innisfil area Saturday. Had 18-20 inches

Was fishing Innisfil area Saturday. Had 18-20 inches
Thanks for sharing your information from Lake Simcoe @SonsOfPerchin That’s great ice thickness,and how did you make out fishing there last Saturday? When I went up there solo for a day of fishing a couple of years ago,I fished towards Fox Island for lakers and whitefish,in deep water from anywhere in 80 to 92 fow,but I and other anglers had no luck that day.I love the Innisfil Park area for its plenty of parking,and I also met some local anglers there,that were willing to help me out to share their fishing spots off Innisfil Park,and of course a stop at the Bass Pro Shop on my way back home.???:)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks