Off Topic the doctor will be with you shortly

While being checked out by the EMT's in the ambulance Monday they were pretty insistent that I accept the ride due to possible internal injuries from fractured ribs which I was fine with. They obviously thought my condition warranted an emergency room visit. They then mentioned that I'd be waiting 12+hrs to see a doc \:cautious:/ I completely agree that ER's are clogged with people that dont need to be there but waiting more than 1/2 a day in extreme pain to see someone for potentially serious injuries indicates that there is an issue with the system.

Josh

Another issue in some areas like here in Woodstock, good luck finding a walkin that's open. The hours are Tues 5pm-8pm wed 1pm-430pm fri 9am-noon. 9 hours a week and unfortunately it fills up very quickly.

I worked at LHSC for 12 years and Dave J nailed it. Everything he said is spot on.

The system isn't perfect, but it's free, and the day you show up with a REAL EMERGENCY, they will be there to save your life!

There's no such thing as free that's a myth somebody has to pay for everything. We all pay dearly for our health care through taxes that are among the highest in the world. For 2019 the tax revenue required for health care is $264 billion, or $7,068 per person.

While I get your point @Wave Runner .
I still prefer our system.
Think about the knee replacement you are getting done and the cost it would be down south....

Attachments

• 20191116_144950.jpg
    20191116_144950.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 28
I get your point also @lizmorea but the fact is in the US I can get a knee replacement on an average of 3 months or less. Here 2 to 2 1/2 years not to mention another 6-8 months just to see the surgeon before that even comes into play? I wouldn't call that good health care and is the reason anyone with money including almost every member of our government bureaucrats go to the US for anything serious. They won't wait in line with those ridiculous time frames, you can literally die waiting for major surgery here. Look I'm not trying to bash our health care system professionals they're not the problem. I'm just saying it can be and should be a lot better than it is and it isn't simply because our governments at every level have failed us miserably. At my age my biggest fear is not dying it's getting sick and being at the mercy of the vastly degraded system we now have which I know will only get worse.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks