Thanks

batrick

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys for replying to my question about fishing dipsys.
I managed to land a walleye - which is a good thing because I swore an oath not to come of the water until I did.
Fished between Stanley and Bruce in 56-60 ft. Caught on a bronze ripplin redfin. Dipsy on 3 at 45' down.
I may have had an even better outting but my navigator ( 13 yr. old son) got a little seasick as it was a bit rough.
One more question to add - what speed works best? I try to stay close to 2.5 mph. I would suppose that varying the speed or doing some slight turns would help.

Thanks again,

Rick

From what ive read your speed is good a little slow maybe between 2.5 and 3.0 ( according to gps) seems to be the speed

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

I like the 2.7 mph range on GPS.

I often put my kicker on idle and let the boat stop for 5-10 seconds and then put it back up to 3.5 mph for a few seconds. Slow it back down to 2.7ish and it usually triggers a hit or two. making sudden turns will help to but that is almost the same thing as slowing. the inside lines will come to a crawl and the outside lines will be moving over 3 mph.

Good luck out there

logo-1.jpg

www.southcoastcharter.com
southcoastcharter@gmail.com

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks