Thanks to LPWU and LPWA

aquaman

Now that duck season is over, I wanted to offer a big thanks to Long Point Provincial Park staff, and the Long Point Waterfowl Unit Staff - Randal and Kyle.

Once again we are fortunate to have access to a world-class waterfowl hunting location. The accommodations made this year to deal with COVID restrictions while still allowing us to hunt out of the Unit were greatly appreciated. Randal and Kyle do a great job in managing the day to day operations and we are fortunate they are both once again planning on returning next season.

Another thanks goes to the Long Point Waterfowlers Association Executive and directors (as well as all the volunteers). This groups works hard through the entire year to prepare the marsh, blinds and operate the self-serve kiosk after the office closes (personally I really appreciate having the opportunity to continue to use the Unit during this time of the season due to limited holiday time). Thanks for another great season.

There are fast days and slow days, but overall we as hunters are incredibly lucky to have access to such a great place and owe a thanks to all those that work to make that possible.

Thanks... looking forward to next season already!
Ron Smith
Marshall Porteous-Smith
Finnley Porteous-Smith

Amen Ron, well said. In these days when so many hunters are finding their opportunities to get out increasingly restricted due to lack of access we are indeed blessed to have such a wonderful public resource right on our doorstep.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks