Thank You

If you are in distress use channel 16. Boaters and power squandron memebers are required to listen to channel 16 for 5 minutes on the half hour and for distress calls and also if the coast guard broad casts a request to help a boater who runs out of gas or has engine trouble. I have several times communicated to the coast guard in Sarnia who have directed me to boaters in need of help. I have towed boaters to Port Dover and Turkey Point on several occasions. It is only common human decency to help a fellow fisherman and boater in need. Next it could be your turn....

There are too many boaters who think the vhf radio is a cb, so like others I frequently tune to just 16. If you have a radio on your boat, please, take the course and follow the rules! I have helped a few troubled boaters myself and would readily help in any fashion but I need to know of your need of assistance. The coast gaurd will be heard by all on Channel 16.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks