Taking advantage of the Ice Fishing Season end Sale @Angling Outfitters

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I received a text from @Extra Virgin yesterday about a end of the ice fishing season sale. I therefore met @Extra Virgin today at around 9 a.m. F1212CB8-C574-4120-8BC3-9C47F16DA128.jpeg and we must of spend up to 2 hours checking out the great ice fishing deals!! 53520DAE-E0D9-4774-9132-EFCE57DBC511.jpeg We both bought a one man portable ice hut,92973A1C-82CC-4E24-A0BE-F87F39D0D78C.jpeg which will be great to maneuver around on the ice from one spot to the next spot quicker,which will save a lot of time setting it up,and more time for ice fishing. Eventually we met up with @Cannonball B9EB4932-2CE9-4121-A882-942C3F2CDC78.jpeg as well inside the store,and it was a pleasure for me to introduce them to each other.A great selection as always on lure’s,such as the @Great Lakes Spoons 52D0872F-4CAF-44D6-B05B-D59F4620DF0F.jpeg A8B2A4CC-94DA-4E9D-96D4-8816F52CCBF8.jpeg BD6D67CC-B81F-4402-BCD5-1DD745087CA6.jpeg So many other different colours & makes of lure’s inside the store & as always while shopping there,my wallet was much lighter when I left!! 😬 lol 🤣😉👍 A great visit with @bosco FC343FC8-713A-4FB5-803F-34E5BE1F0203.jpeg there as always.I am already looking forward to the @ANGLING OUTFITTERS open house this coming April,and spending more money there again!! 😬 lol 🤣🤣🤣😉A496D0D2-EFFF-4427-BE7E-C4BC497DFB20.jpeg 👍👍🙂

Last edited:
@Red Hering I went there yesterday saw those one man tents I was humming and hawing about it, but I went there for specific items and after a short gander at the ice fishing stuff, went inside to warm up and empty my wallet on bass fishing stuff! Always a good time @ANGLING OUTFITTERS

I need to get a big pop up tent for next year 4-6 person something like that! Maybe one of those electric augers... 🤪

@Red Hering I went there yesterday saw those one man tents I was humming and hawing about it, but I went there for specific items and after a short gander at the ice fishing stuff, went inside to warm up and empty my wallet on bass fishing stuff! Always a good time @ANGLING OUTFITTERS

I need to get a big pop up tent for next year 4-6 person something like that! Maybe one of those electric augers... 🤪
@Derkd9 I thought mostly about “Cardiac” Hill in St.Williams about keeping my gear light,such as a ice hut,and this portable ice hut that @Extra Virgin & I bought today,will make the climb up that hill so much easier,if by chance that climb ever comes up again. 😉👍🙂

There were some really good end of season ice gear to be had. Also picked up some more stuff for the upcoming trout opener and trolling seasons. It was great to meet up with you as always @Red Hering and thanks for the lift into town so my wife didn't have to wait outside 👍 Also nice to meet up with you as well @Cannonball . I'll be sleeping good tonight after all the thumb excersize 👍

There were some really good end of season ice gear to be had. Also picked up some more stuff for the upcoming trout opener and trolling seasons. It was great to meet up with you as always @Red Hering and thanks for the lift into town so my wife didn't have to wait outside 👍 Also nice to meet up with you as well @Cannonball . I'll be sleeping good tonight after all the thumb excersize 👍
@Extra Virgin sweet dreams 😴 and till the next time & “keep excersizing the “Thumbs UP!!” 3ED3F806-3FB7-4A96-9BAF-F9EF4CF050D3.jpeg
my friend!! 👍👍🙂

Great to have met you too, Extra Virgin!

@Three Bouys thats exactly what I need haha
I was going to take the side by side for a ride around the farm the other day I thought most of the snow had melted.. well I got to this one corner that didn’t look very deep but was deep enough it bottomed out the side by side and stopped me almost instantly lol was thinking I’d hate to be out on the ice and have this happen!

@Derkd9 you won’t be disappointed in tracks. My sons quad is surprising on how deep of snow it will travel. He even studded the track for bare ice conditions. View attachment 38615
Great looking tracks there @Three Bouys 0090E034-53D1-4004-8A94-17A9F0F48F2C.jpeg👍👍🙂 & it was a great pleasure to have met up with you and your son Brandon 04C01C46-8BA1-42C0-A008-40E5D86CA0FB.jpeg by surprise,C3D438D5-1065-4D4A-B1DB-3254329F77A2.jpeg this past ice fishing season on long point bay. See you on the water,(likely on long point bay),& likely fishing for pike,when the boating season begins. 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

I was thinking about going for a drive to Long Point this weekend and asking the ice to please hurry up and melt

I’ll need to get a fancy set of tracks for my Kubota to help tackle that cardiac hill! Hahaha
Definitely @Derkd9 !! It’s not too bad going down FA0092F4-F857-41DF-B88D-9E4A4081D204.jpeg “Cardiac” hill.😍👍 But!! On the way back up “Cardiac” hill,(that’s only half of the hill in this photo),it’s a serious workout!! 🥵😬😉👍🙂

@Red Hering yah I can picture myself dying a third the way back up the hill dragging my future ice hut, auger and pail of 50 perch and couple pike in a sled behind me

@Red Hering yah I can picture myself dying a third the way back up the hill dragging my future ice hut, auger and pail of 50 perch and couple pike in a sled behind me
Exactly @Derkd9 !! 👍 That is why, I like to go as light as possible,therefore I bought this portable one person ice hut,@Extra Virgin did as well yesterday,(which I personally have never seen before),for 50% off 7C7CE497-A89B-4224-B639-9221667E5CC4.jpeg @ANGLING OUTFITTERS yesterday,to make my trip up “Cardiac” hill more “pleasant” if I need to make that climb up it again. 😉👍🙂

Last edited:
@Red Hering that’s perfect, I just know that my friend likely won’t let me go ice fishing alone hahaha and we are both big guys, that like our space and we always over pack on any trip we go on hahaha, Soo we need a big shelter!
maybe I can convince him to get a single person shelter as well and we just get our own shelters the 50% sounds pretty good to me
Only reason I don’t have a shelter yet is the price $$

@Red Hering that’s perfect, I just know that my friend likely won’t let me go ice fishing alone hahaha and we are both big guys, that like our space and we always over pack on any trip we go on hahaha, Soo we need a big shelter!
maybe I can convince him to get a single person shelter as well and we just get our own shelters the 50% sounds pretty good to me
Only reason I don’t have a shelter yet is the price $$
For sure @Derkd9 👍🙂 they are not cheap & comfort is definitely everything!! I hope that you find what you are looking for my friend!! Have a great day & I am off to go Thames River walleye fishing. 5A77254C-3E74-4159-A912-398D44EAE402.jpeg A January 14/21 photo of my last walleye caught & released. 🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Guess I need to make a trip west.

My lure desires are very specific as the boat had a good program and success last year.

Most of my needs are due to taking over sole ownership of the boat and no longer having to run stuff by my son. LOL

Now I just go ahead with my plans and do the installs. LOL

No ice fishing gear but pick up a couple things yesterday at a.o.

Attachments

• 20210306_124528.jpg
    20210306_124528.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 51
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks