tackleoutlet parcel no arriving yet?

live2fish

Hello guys, I was wondering if anyone on here has ever ordered from thetackleoutlet.com ? I ordered a few things on July 27 th. I eventually got 2 tracking numbers, and much to my surprise this place is in China! Not Florida like I had wrongly assumed. So far the updates show that the first plane landed in Canada on August 23rd, and the second plane is at Airline Departure since Agust 10th. I was just wondering if anyone on here has actually received an order from them, or if this is some BS? I contacted them a few times and each time was told that COVID had impacted the deliveries and it will come soon..... keep in mind the plane for the first one landed almost a MONTH ago.... how far is Canada Post backlogged? If I woulda known this stuff is in China I would not have ordered.

Just 1 of many places to check before you start ordering online. Lots of scams for fishing hunting products at the moment and some really good sites also. I have been buying marine parts direct from Japan with very good luck this year. Great price and delivery.

Fishingbigstore.com is another one to avoid. It looks fairly legit but apparently it's a scam site too. The good thing about this one is that you pay via paypal so you can always get refunded.....I ordered some small stuff just to see and as suspected, it never showed up.

I ordered some AC Shiners from this place DETACO Online Store www.detaconj.com. I suspected right from the get go this was probably a scam as they were $6 US each which was definitely to good to be true. I used PayPal so wasn't worried but hoped it was legit because what a deal if it was. It wasn't but PayPal refunded me as soon as I told them they wouldn't answer my emails and eventually the website was unreachable. I always use PayPal for online ordering.

Last edited:
These guys ship from China and Hong Kong. Container prices went from $3500 to $17000. They are like all suppliers now. Waiting to fill the container before it ships. This goes for Chinese air-freight as well. It will get there…. It’s griffin painful in the logistics business

Some good info here for orderer/buyer beware. I do have a paypal account and have used it in U.S dollars with my travel arrangements in south & central america.

Just to share my past 6 months with ordering fishing tackle, I order direct Rapala, from Ohio both Reef Runner & AC Shiner all with positive CC transactions and recieved goods within days.

I know I have purchase protection with Visa & MC, thankfully I have never had to make a purchase claim..yet

I have been looking at some choices with saltwater tackle and considering Tackledirect.com

It is really unfortunate for local tackle shops don't fit my needs. Shimano is just one of.. that I got elsewhere

Last edited:
Some good info here for orderer/buyer beware. I do have a paypal account and have used it in U.S dollars with my travel arrangements in south & central america.

Just to share my past 6 months with ordering fishing tackle, I order direct Rapala, from Ohio both Reef Runner & AC Shiner all with positive CC transactions and recieved goods within days.

I know I have purchase protection with Visa & MC, thankfully I have never had to make a purchase claim..yet

I have been looking at some choices with saltwater tackle and considering Tackledirect.com

It is really unfortunate for local tackle shops don't fit my needs. Shimano is just one of.. that I got elsewhere
Tackledirect is solid, I have order from there in the past with good results.

Thanks @G.Mech For sharing your positive results with ordering from TackleDirect

These guys ship from China and Hong Kong. Container prices went from $3500 to $17000. They are like all suppliers now. Waiting to fill the container before it ships. This goes for Chinese air-freight as well. It will get there…. It’s griffin painful in the logistics business
Are you saying the place I ordered from is sending me the products? And it’s just stuck in China? If so, I then have to ask why it’s showing the first plane landed in Canada over a month ago and still nothing delivered to me?

Are you saying the place I ordered from is sending me the products? And it’s just stuck in China? If so, I then have to ask why it’s showing the first plane landed in Canada over a month ago and still nothing delivered to me?
I hope you paid with PayPal because something is not right after all this time. 😬

I'm thinking all the shipping updates are phony just to keep you invested in the scams.....

Back in December I ordered a special tool which I couldn't find in Canada, from North Carolina firm. Spent 84 days in transit. The tool even went to Fort Lauderdale.

Back in December I ordered a special tool which I couldn't find in Canada, from North Carolina firm. Spent 84 days in transit. The tool even went to Fort Lauderdale.
I had a FedEx ground package from Indiana that I followed online and calculated that it travelled almost 7000 miles over a 4 week period... It was everywhere!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks