Off Topic Surgery

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This is something I've kept quiet about, I have cancer, but it is a easily treatable cancer and is not malignant.
I just had my surgery today, in and out of the hospital in 14 hours. I had a cancerous prostate removed.
Here is a life tip, avoid getting this disease if you can, it's 2/10 do not recommend.
As well, a Foley catheter is uncomfortable to say the least, but I have new fashion accessory to carry around; a urine bag... :LOL:

Only watch the first minute

Sucker-punch that cancer shit in the neck! And kick it in the balls when it’s down. And sounds like you round-housed it in a big way.

Good to hear a good result about that shit..

Thanks for sharing. It means a lot to others, bro

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I hear you about the catheter. Never had to walk around with one but I had my share of them while laid up. Haha “fashion accessory”… you’ve got the right attitude ;) Maybe the “piss purse” will be a new trend!

Ouch ! Sorry to hear that but good you dealt with it and are winning the battle. I know a lot of guys get squeamish about getting a Digital done from your Doctor and to tell the truth I can't remember my last one either but will ask my Doc next time I see him or maybe get a PSA test done ?

Best wishes..I know a bunch that have done through the same with excellent outcomes.
PSA every year as well as the digital exam....its a must!!!!!!

PSA test is what red flagged it. The digital test is really not physically difficult, think of the massive poops you produce, a finger is much smaller.

I remember walking the halls with my father in the '70s before he mastered his cart and hoses.

Minor stumble and noticeable wince. Couldn't let it go by.

"Bet you never figured on stepping on the end of your dick before did yah?"

Hopefully your recovery is fast and complete. 🌻

thanks for sharing @HTHM good luck with your recovery & monitoring going forward, every case i have heard is different,

One buddy is now recovering from prostate cancer, and is not going well, the 28 radiation treatments he got at Vic one burnt his bowel and bladder, then they find bladder stones, so he has been draining his urine into a bag since May, now he has internal infection from the drainage tube inside..the emerg dept got him eating big Antibiotic pills since saturday, I went over and seen him yesterday and he is hurting.

For my diagnosed enlarged prostate over several years now, I get a PSA test and the finger to confirm my prostate continues to be healthy (soft & gushy)..
I get mine checked annually with my urologist Dr. P. Luke at UH in london, so far so good.
seeing first hand..some signs of an enlarged prostate is having bladder issues..

Last edited:
HTHM, wishing you all the best in the world and speedy complete recovery brother!!! Yes sir, Foley sucks as I had that, what I called, "2' fire hose" bugger in for 6 months straight 18 months ago. The entire prostate ordeal was Not fun!
Guys, prostate issues are REAL! Get checked out yearly and the test is a walk in the park and done at your Dr.s office... 5 seconds...done. Early detection is critical!!!
HTHM, you got this brother!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks