Supper tonight

Trevor M

Took a package of perch out of the freezer this morning but took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it.

Ended up deciding to cut the fillets into almost bite sized strips and then battered them for "perch fingers" and had a garden salad with a zesty Italian dressing with it.

Simple, easy and yep I was lazy.

Attachments

• Perch Fingers with Garden Salad.jpg
    Perch Fingers with Garden Salad.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 29
Took a package of perch out of the freezer this morning but took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it.

Ended up deciding to cut the fillets into almost bite sized strips and then battered them for "perch fingers" and had a garden salad with a zesty Italian dressing with it.

Simple, easy and yep I was lazy.
That looks like a tasty and healthy dinner! 😋When I'm feeling lazy, there's a whole lot less hitting the dinner table than what you made! It's BBQ burgers tonight for us.

That looks like a tasty and healthy dinner! 😋When I'm feeling lazy, there's a whole lot less hitting the dinner table than what you made! It's BBQ burgers tonight for us.
When I'm feeling overly lazy, we order in or I go get it ;) but since I'm trying to lose weight and eat healthier, we're cutting down on that. It was tasty, but it was "healthier" before I put the batter on the fish but I don't make a heavy batter, it's nice and light and comes out crispy once they're done. (I blanche them first then let them rest on a drip tray before I put them back in the oil and finish them.)

Well im not sure what word would work for me past lazy, I picked up kfc for tonight's dinner
No I did not use paper plates lol that would of been over the top 😅
That's ok @Ticker. We had that on Thursday night and we didn't use paper plates either, just the ones I had to wash here when we were done. I always forget that part :banghead:

I love KFC
It used to be much better 20 years ago
But so was everything else

I find the kfc in st Thomas got really greasy I prefer it to be more crispy
We used to get a 14 pc bucket meal so we always had left overs I could use to make my wife's lunch for the next day,;) and used to be 10 hot wings for me, BUT, I finally convinced my wife to try one of their hot wings about a month ago. Now we get a 10 pc bucket meal and 20-25 hot wings.:LOL:

Well sometimes neither of us feels like cooking
And don't know what to make for dinner, that's a daily dilemma around here , I thought about making a wheel of dinner and spin it see what comes up 🙄🤔🤪
you could try what I do on days like that----open fridg/freezer---close eyes----put hand in and whatever comes out is dinner

Well sometimes neither of us feels like cooking
And don't know what to make for dinner, that's a daily dilemma around here , I thought about making a wheel of dinner and spin it see what comes up 🙄🤔🤪
I rarely "feel" like cooking and it's always a game of "what am I going to make tonight," in combination with "will she eat it if I make it?"

The way it is in our house is, I do ALL the cooking because I did it for a living for 12 of 15 years I worked in restaurants before I was a truck driver.

My wife can cook, but since we got together, because I did it for a living, it is and always has been assumed that I am a better cook, she will even admit that I am. Because of the home she grew up in where herbs, spices and other seasonings were never used, she didn't know that food could actually have flavor until she met me and finally allowed me to cook for her. Ever since that first time and her telling me that, even though I have offered many times, when I have offered to teach her, she always responds with, "I have YOU, why would I want to do THAT?" Makes sense to me :LOL:

When I'm feeling overly lazy, we order in or I go get it ;) but since I'm trying to lose weight and eat healthier, we're cutting down on that. It was tasty, but it was "healthier" before I put the batter on the fish but I don't make a heavy batter, it's nice and light and comes out crispy once they're done. (I blanche them first then let them rest on a drip tray before I put them back in the oil and finish them.)
Tonight

Smoked and braised boneless Beef riblets finished with BBQ sauce. BBQ baked Potato, Asparagus and Brussel sprouts, Butter, Salt and fresh cracked Black Pepper.

View attachment 40851

Dunno if there is dessert tonight

I rarely "feel" like cooking and it's always a game of "what am I going to make tonight," in combination with "will she eat it if I make it?"

The way it is in our house is, I do ALL the cooking because I did it for a living for 12 of 15 years I worked in restaurants before I was a truck driver.

My wife can cook, but since we got together, because I did it for a living, it is and always has been assumed that I am a better cook, she will even admit that I am. Because of the home she grew up in where herbs, spices and other seasonings were never used, she didn't know that food could actually have flavor until she met me and finally allowed me to cook for her. Ever since that first time and her telling me that, even though I have offered many times, when I have offered to teach her, she always responds with, "I have YOU, why would I want to do THAT?" Makes sense to me :LOL:
I too am the chief cook and it's by choice. I love it until I don't and then we get take out. Tonight was beef stew and homemade bread. Loblaws had some prime rib roasts last week as one of their unadvertised flash sales - 3.99 / pound so I bought 3. Froze 2 and made stew from 1. My mom would not be impressed with me cutting up a prime rib for stew, but it was actually cheaper than stewing beef.

Bread.jpg

Loblaws had some prime rib roasts last week as one of their unadvertised flash sales - 3.99 / pound
I was in Superstore on Oxford yesterday looking to see if they had anything I could cut into my own steaks, (they didn't) and when I looked at the price they had for a package of 2 steaks, yeah I wasn't paying THAT......the cheapest 2 pack of what I was looking for was $52. Needless to say, I got the rest of what was on the list and walked out without getting any steaks, in fact I didn't get any meat at all. I still have some in the freezer, maybe when I get paid this week I'll find what I'm looking for. As I said last year, why pay $100+ for 4-6 steaks when IF I can find a loin I like, I can cut my own and get 20 or more for roughly the same price and that'll usually do us most of the summer.

We had pot roast tonight with carrots/ parsnip sauce , I got a few prime rib in the freezer but it's a waste for pot roast IMHO, so picked up a cheaper cut at zehrs, tomorrow's dinner is planned already yay, it will be pan seared tuna steak on spinach and arugula salad with lemon/ garlic dressing " bought not home made "
I love these type of meals on weekdays easy and fast

We had pot roast tonight with carrots/ parsnip sauce , I got a few prime rib in the freezer but it's a waste for pot roast IMHO, so picked up a cheaper cut at zehrs, tomorrow's dinner is planned already yay, it will be pan seared tuna steak on spinach and arugula salad with lemon/ garlic dressing " bought not home made "
I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards ribs with a ceasar salad for tomorrow. We'll see how I feel in the morning. Could end up being a chicken fingers with a salad kind of day, or maybe Pogo's or as we call'em, "hot dog on a stick"

Tomorrow is really simple, it's called leftovers. :giggle:😁

I was in Superstore on Oxford yesterday looking to see if they had anything I could cut into my own steaks, (they didn't) and when I looked at the price they had for a package of 2 steaks, yeah I wasn't paying THAT......the cheapest 2 pack of what I was looking for was $52. Needless to say, I got the rest of what was on the list and walked out without getting any steaks, in fact I didn't get any meat at all. I still have some in the freezer, maybe when I get paid this week I'll find what I'm looking for. As I said last year, why pay $100+ for 4-6 steaks when IF I can find a loin I like, I can cut my own and get 20 or more for roughly the same price and that'll usually do us most of the summer.
hence the price, this is why i hunt and fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks