Superstore steals

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
I don't often go to Superstore, but dropped by this morning to get a couple of their advertised specials. In the meat department, beside the chicken breasts that were on sale, I saw a package of chicken wings and 3 packages of breast fillets. The wings were 3.29/kg ($1.49/lb) and the fillets were 6.35/kg ($2.88/lb). These were not advertised in the flyer, and there was no sign - they were just sitting there screaming "buy me ". I checked the dates and due date was Sept 3. I bought the wings and left some of the fillets for another happy shopper. It must be a supply/demand thing when stores do these clearouts - but bizarre since they still have a few more days till expiry. I'll be checking out the same meat cooler area on my next visit! Guess what's for dinner?

Attachments

• Wings.jpg
    Wings.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 24
  • Breast fillet.jpg
    Breast fillet.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 23
I don't often go to Superstore, but dropped by this morning to get a couple of their advertised specials. In the meat department, beside the chicken breasts that were on sale, I saw a package of chicken wings and 3 packages of breast fillets. The wings were 3.29/kg ($1.49/lb) and the fillets were 6.35/kg ($2.88/lb). These were not advertised in the flyer, and there was no sign - they were just sitting there screaming "buy me ". I checked the dates and due date was Sept 3. I bought the wings and left some of the fillets for another happy shopper. It must be a supply/demand thing when stores do these clearouts - but bizarre since they still have a few more days till expiry. I'll be checking out the same meat cooler area on my next visit! Guess what's for dinner?
A great deal @Mrs. Stomp 👍👍and thanks for sharing!! I have a superstore,(Oxford & Hyde Park),within 10 minutes from my house. 😋😉👍🙂

That’s the best one I’ve ever been too
Has the best meat counter 👍

@Mrs. Stomp those chicken wings will be really good I like that brand!
Slancy has a good recipe sticky and gooey 🤤
@Derkd9 I'd love Slancy's recipe if she's willing to share. My crew is likely bored with the oven baked variety that hits their plate! May explain the loads of Franks that usually gets dumped on top. :giggle:

@Derkd9 I'd love Slancy's recipe if she's willing to share. My crew is likely bored with the oven baked variety that hits their plate! May explain the loads of Franks that usually gets dumped on top. :giggle:
I caught her before she left for work, she sent me a photo of it

E53AE79C-7FBF-4B2B-91AE-19A2F3729266.jpeg

I think we used apple cider vinegar instead of wine vinegar

And skipped the sesame seed

And used Maggie soy seasoning for the soya sauce

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks