sunday fishing at oldcut

GRIZZLY

we went out sunday tried our spot from last time no luck moved to deeper water towards ec10 no luck there either so we headed in to the spot we did well at 3 weeks ago it was about 4 feet of water this was our last move because it was already 2:30 it was deadsville for half hour and then they came in it was a nice school with some good jumbos mixed in they would hit hard and fast then be gone as quick .and would come back every 10 min. or so by 4:30 we had 50 good perch and about 20 we should have thrown back all in all it was a great day but we caught nothing in the morning .

Hey Grizz !
Were you near a mouth of a channel ?Probably hard to tell but was the water was coming in or going out ? I'm wondering if it may have something to do with the schools turning on?

We were out yesterday (Monday) from 1:30 until about 5. Setup about a mile out where Jimmy's huts were a week ago. Things were slow and would get 1 here and there. About 3:30 hit a small school and iced a few nice jumbos. After that nothing. Ended up with about 10 keepers and a couple border line. Used a buck shot and a small jig with minnow. Buck shot seemed to work the best.

The ones I am using are Buck shot rattle spoon 1/8oz. Picked them up when I was at rotten ronnies last week. I jigged it like there was no tomorrow in one hole and the girlfriend had the minnow on a small jig head in the hole beside me. 9 times out of 10 they would hit the spoon.

buck shot rattle spoon seems to be the lure of choice...we had a good run Sunday around 4 4:30 off old cut...could,nt reel them in fast enough.hoping for another great weekend!

Thanks Grizz !
A klick and a half makes sense but do you mean north instead of west ? I was thinking that if the water was running out of the marsh it would be dumping all kinds of tastey things into the bay hence the turn on? I recall other posts of the "turn on" being in the latter part of the afternoon so maybe it's a angle of light/solunor table type of thing.

quote:
Originally posted by jeffk

The ones I am using are Buck shot rattle spoon 1/8oz. Picked them up when I was at rotten ronnies last week. I jigged it like there was no tomorrow in one hole and the girlfriend had the minnow on a small jig head in the hole beside me. 9 times out of 10 they would hit the spoon.

Welcome to the board, Jeff!! Guess you have a connection with my "little lady", think your parents used to babysit her and her sister.
Enjoy the meal of perch, nothing better!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks