Success in Draw, Now What?

trky chsr

OK so I was successful in the controlled hunt draw but when I checked the results I didn't see a option to print the results. So how do I go about printing my controlled hunt permit? TC

I printed off my deer tag yesterday and the printer spit out 2 pages. One was deer tag and other was updated license with controlled hunt on it.

go to my active licences and then to print licence 2 pages is what I got second page has bar codes on it

go to my active licences and then to print licence 2 pages is what I got second page has bar codes on it

Thanks Erie. I found the page and printed the summary but there was only one page with the little square cell phone scan codes on it. I guess that will have to do. It's been quite the learning experience, I've got 11 pages printed out now so Ishould be done. TC

the summary isn't your tag,,, you need to print actual tag,,,, i tried myself and all i got was the summary, so i went down to est service center that has hunting licences and had them do it,,,,, but that was after an 1hr wait on phone to the licence issuer, mnr??? i forget now,,, but they have to reset it and then you can print it.... I personally wouldn't want to see men in green (mnr) without a tag,,,, won't end nice.

If I read the site correctly, you can also go to participating service Ont office? Can I just go to a participating office and be legal, And if so, anyone know witch offices are offering ?
Not digging the printer out, to only need ink, and have heard to many complaints from us tek dino's of prob's?
Have the time, just want to shoot a deer?

the summary isn't your tag,,, you need to print actual tag,,,, i tried myself and all i got was the summary, so i went down to est service center that has hunting licences and had them do it,,,,, but that was after an 1hr wait on phone to the licence issuer, mnr??? i forget now,,, but they have to reset it and then you can print it.... I personally wouldn't want to see men in green (mnr) without a tag,,,, won't end nice.

That's what I thought. I went back to the site to see if it showed as printed and it didn't so I guess I'll have to go in. At least I got it, I've talked to few people who didn't and were told they showed as not having applied when they know they did. TC

I went to Stillwells in Fairground and purchased my tag. Everything got printed out for me. Licence summary that shows all your permits[ small game/fishing/turkey/deer or whatever and including Controlled Hunt Validation [ which you MUST carry on you] plus the actual seal/tag plus the receipt. I was advised not to coat or laminate the Seal/Tag as their code reader must be able to scan it properly or you could be in trouble. Deep trouble because you altered a government document. Also read the rules for how the Seal/Tag must accompany the deer. I can see there will be guys getting tickets over that rule.

It's actually quite easy, I'm 65, they make you do a little search but its there.
Once you're logged in you will see at the top of page.... 4 option boxes.
Click on; My Active Licences, once open it will show all your active licences including your outdoors card and there expiry. There are no bar codes or QR codes on this page.
Look down the list and find; Ont Deer Licence, it will only be there if you've purchased one.
To the right of Ont Deer licence it will either say printable or printed. Confirm your printer is connected and working and click on Printable, a new window will open and allow you to print, but only once.

I sent MNR a short email request and had them email me my licence summary to my gmail which also appears on my phone so I only carry the tag in my wallet. I have the paper copies in the truck glove box.

Hope this helps some.
Cheers

It's actually quite easy, I'm 65, they make you do a little search but its there.
Click on; My Active Licences, once open it will show all your active licences including your outdoors card and there expiry. There are no bar codes or QR codes on this page.
Look down the list and find; Ont Deer Licence, it will only be there if you've purchased one.
To the right of Ont Deer licence it will either say printable or printed. Confirm your printer is connected and working and click on Printable, a new window will open and allow you to print, but only once.

For the controlled hunt validation tag it doesn't say printable or printed it's just blank. I clicked on "print available documents' and all it printed was the summary, there was never any option to print just the validation tag. TC[/QUOTE]

I few years back my friend kept cattle in a summer grazing pasture. When we rounded up the beef on Grey Cup day he warned to watch for hogs when I was out rounding up the steers. He said a local hog farmer had some escape and they had gone wild living in the bush.
Had I been a hunter then it might've offered some good pork.
I went to Stillwells in Fairground and purchased my tag. Everything got printed out for me. Licence summary that shows all your permits[ small game/fishing/turkey/deer or whatever and including Controlled Hunt Validation [ which you MUST carry on you] plus the actual seal/tag plus the receipt. I was advised not to coat or laminate the Seal/Tag as their code reader must be able to scan it properly or you could be in trouble. Deep trouble because you altered a government document. Also read the rules for how the Seal/Tag must accompany the deer. I can see there will be guys getting tickets over that rule.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to call local MNR tomorrow and go from there? good luck ah? why can't I just apply, get a licences and hunt? This new system just seems so throw together, and we pay big time?

Trky Chsr please reread my post. When you're on the page that shows the Controlled hunt validation tag, this isn't where you print your tag. You need to go to the top and select "My Active Licences"

Hope this helps, if not then maybe you didn't complete the application properly and where never entered.

Trky Chsr please reread my post. When you're on the page that shows the Controlled hunt validation tag, this isn't where you print your tag. You need to go to the top and select "My Active Licences"

Hope this helps, if not then maybe you didn't complete the application properly and where never entered.

I am on the "My Active Licences" page. It lists my turkey tag which I printed along with my deer tag which I printed and it has the little green checkmark beside the controlled hunt validation for which I was successful but there is no provision to print the controlled hunt tag, the rest of the line is blank. This is what it looks like"

ON Hunting Outdoors CardExpires / Échéance 2019-12-31
Small Game Licence - 3 YearExpires / Échéance 2019-12-31
ON Wild Turkey Tag-Spring2019 Printed
Conservation Fishing Licence - 3 YearExpires / Échéance 2019-12-31
ON Deer Licence2019 Printed
ON Controlled Deer Hunt Validation2019

You have done all that is required. You can only print one deer tag. Your printed On deer licence is the tag you use to seal your deer in the controlled deer hunt, or antlerless deer draw.

Hey GPS ! I was told copies are good to have but will not work with the MNR scanners. Something about the square code thing gets distorted when copied ? You must keep the original print out of licence summary and seal/tag on your person and produce such on demand. Going high tech is wonderful until the batteries die.

Agreed. That i why I have the paper copies in my truck or backpack. Also they say it pretty plain here, "It is illegal to create or be in possession of a modified, copied or counterfeit tag. It is illegal to apply for, purchase or possess more than one licence or tag, unless specifically permitted"

Here is the email I received today from the MNR

Thank you for your email.

You can carry your Licence Summary in a digital format, such as on a mobile device. You can have a copy of your Licence Summary sent to your email address by accessing your account using the online licensing service. If you choose to carry your Licence Summary on your mobile device, it must be in the PDF format provided to you from the licensing service (a photograph or screenshot of your Licence Summary is not valid). You are responsible for ensuring that your device has battery power and is protected from the elements to be able to display it when and where requested by a conservation officer (unless you are also carrying a paper copy with you). You must carry your Outdoors Card, your hunting licence (either listed on your paper or electronic Licence Summary or printed on the back of your Outdoors Card), and any relevant tag(s) with you while hunting. Your tags are required to be the paper copies – digital copies of your tags are NOT permitted.

When did hunting become so complicated, so legal beagle? Alymer service ont today, all legal now, very informative and in/out in 10 min's.
Those that love tech, have at it? But saving forest and the green way of life, how is the 4 sheets I now have to carry saving compared to the old dino tag?
It's done and I think I'm legal?,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks