Stuffed Peppers and Ice Huts

unless I missed something a separate "forum" for cooking shtuff sounds like a good idea given the amount of showoff cooking that's being posted (y) make the mrs stomp the mediator???(y)

memo to self:
must--- get--- eyes--- checked----sorry bout that:rolleyes::eek:

I have been a big fan of having such a forum for a long time, so I'm glad @Mrs. Stomp was able to manipulate @stomp into it's creation. 🤗😂

Thank you @Mrs. Stomp

Well I'm certainly going to think twice about any @Mrs. Stomp references going forward @hvyhaul . She has had some fun so far. She really is expert in all things food. I hope she can share some tips with the group about how to squeeze the most value out of the President and the President's Choice stores, Loblaws, Zehrs, Superstore, etc.. Before the pandemic, I always enjoyed the check-out scenario where she could trigger multiple calls up to the office for price match overrides. When that happens, you know you are getting a rock-bottom price, and she does that all the time. I'm sure the President is still making money from us, but with price match and PC points, I feel we're keeping a little more for ourselves.

Yeah, I'm getting the impression you eat pretty good. Lol

The Wife had a friend similar until their family moved to Richmond Virginia, she was constantly wheeling and dealing, always getting crazy deals.

I told her tongue in cheek, "if you two ever end up in jail, you call her husband for help".

Husband's line was, " Ok, so, how much did it cost me to save that little bit?"

@Mrs. Stomp do you have any good recipes for cooking Eggplant?
I wanted to try an Eggplant Lasagna but have been hesitant to pull the trigger, investing the time and effort to make it.
@Derkd9 I'm not a huge fan of eggplant lasagna, however there are a couple of other ways I would use eggplant. Eggplant parmesan is similar to its chicken parmesan cousin - it's eggplant smothered with tomato and cheese then baked. The eggplant in eggplant parmesan can be fried ahead or roasted before it gets sauced/cheezed. I would opt for a light fry method - dip slices in egg, coat in breadcrumbs, fry in a bit of oil and then bake to soften it. This light fry/bake method cuts down on the fat but still gives some good fry taste. Eggplant skin can be tough and bitter so I peel it. If you want something really different, there's Eggplant caponata. I made this last NYE as a spreadable topping for crostini (sliced toasted baguette slices). This particular recipe included eggplant, onions, tomatoes, celery, garlic, vinegar, sugar and pepper flakes. I checked with @stomp this morning to see if he remembered it from NYE and he remembered it was a winner - or was he just being nice? Eggplant is on sale at No Frills this week for $1/pound. https://flipp.com/en-ca/london-on/item/550964668-no-frills-weekly-flyer. It's on my list along with sauerkraut and swiss cheese, using recipe courtesy of @Way She Goes !

First of all, welcome aboard Mrs. Stomp! It is truly a privilege to see the "Boss's" Boss on this site. Lov'n "The Galley" and the recipes! Thanks for this Stomp though my cardiologist doesn't share my enthusiasm. Stuffed peppers are one of my favorites and my wonderful and beautiful partner in life ( she told me that she doesn't like me using the term "Lady Friend"), her name is Tcharlii and she makes her peppers with bear and elk along with the basic ingredients but adds potatoes, water chestnuts and some other crunchy Romanian things that she calls..."love". In addition, she introduces some "hot Sauce" and garlic to the meat during preparation. These are cooked on the bbq or wood fire. I don't know if it is the cooking technique, ingredients or a combination of both but these things are in a taste category all of their own! Amazing!!!
So, don't restrict yourselves to ground beef, try wild game some time...delicious!!!
That sounds like the bomb. Need more info!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks