Strawberry Season

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
Happy Canada Day and Happy Strawberry Season! @stomp and I stopped at Talbotville Berry Farm on the way back from Springwater Conservation Area and picked up a couple of flats of strawberries. First time buying from there and they are good... a bit small and sweet. We have eaten a lot of these fresh and will be making a couple of batches of jam. If you have any recommendations on other places in the Londontown to Lake Erie driving area, I will likely look to buy more to pop in the freezer. (Buttermilk biscuits with double the buttermilk and 1/2 the butter and yeah, a dab of real whipped cream with a sprinkling of sugar)
Strawberry Shortcake.jpg

Mrs Stomp----ever make "heavenly hash"----rhubarb, crushed pineapple, strawberry jello----sets up? almost like a jam----when i did make it never lasted that long

Stopped and picked up berries and Asparagus coming home from Burwell a couple of of times now.

Waaaaaay better than from the store shelves.

I’ve been hoping for the price of flats to go on sale… they usually do at some point but haven’t seen that yet.. not sure if it going to happen this year lol
In order to get the food cheap price I want for jam might have to go pick my own…

Mrs Stomp----ever make "heavenly hash"----rhubarb, crushed pineapple, strawberry jello----sets up? almost like a jam----when i did make it never lasted that long
@packrat I've only had heavenly hash in icecream form. I used the ingredients you listed and found a recipe online and it looks good as well as fairly straightforward to make.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks