Off Topic Stomp's Passage to India

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen much of Delhi, Ontario, so I jumped at the chance to see New Delhi, India. The 14 hour flight from Toronto to New Delhi was a ballbuster.
20190118_104715.jpg

We left TO around 9 p.m. and arrived in New Delhi, India, a day later at 10 p.m. We landed in a smoggy, dirty, vibrant city. It is a totally different world over here. I think you can rule out river fishing around New Delhi. I will report more as time permits.
20190119_105026.jpg

I have seen much of Delhi, Ontario, so I jumped at the chance to see New Delhi, India. The 14 hour flight from Toronto to New Delhi was a ballbuster.
View attachment 12130

We left TO around 9 p.m. and arrived in New Delhi, India, a day later at 10 p.m. We landed in a smoggy, dirty, vibrant city. It is a totally different world over here. I think you can rule out river fishing around New Delhi. I will report more as time permits.
View attachment 12136
Now that is a loonng flight,& No Thank-You!! Also,thanks for the update @stomp!! So not even pike fishing there in the river’s?? lol:ROFLMAO: I am looking forward to your report from eating their Indian food!! ???Remember,there are no cornfield’s there,to run into!! lol:ROFLMAO: Have fun,and enjoy the tourist attractions ? while there. ;)(y):cool:

LOL!!! @stomp... 14 hours on a plane would put me in the New Delhi morgue!!! :dead::oldman:
I wish you and wife a great trip and I hope Stomp's "Passage to India" is better than the movie was.(n)
I seen that movie when it came out at the show in 1984 and I fell asleep more than once and I was young man back then. LOL!!! :yawn::bored::D
Also I wouldn't recommend eating any fish out of the Yamuna River. :eek:

Last edited:
Have a great trip! Never been. I have heard it's the smell that hits you when you get off the plane?

Now that is a loonng flight,& No Thank-You!! Also,thanks for the update @stomp!! So not even pike fishing there in the river’s?? lol:ROFLMAO: I am looking forward to your report from eating their Indian food!! ???Remember,there are no cornfield’s there,to run into!! lol:ROFLMAO: Have fun,and enjoy the tourist attractions ? while there. ;)(y):cool:
One word @Red Hering ... "immodium"....
No need to hide in a cornfield down here... anywhere seems just fine?.

Have a great trip! Never been. I have heard it's the smell that hits you when you get off the plane?
Yes.... smoky smell right now... all the Punjabi farmers in a neighboring province are burning off stubble from last year...there is smog in the hotel lobby..

Enjoy your time there! Business or pleasure?

Any idea What a scoop of shinners go for around them part? Lol!
Defiantly out of my comfort zone. Best of luck to you down there.
I don't think you'll find anything alive except bacteria and maybe carp in the Jamuna River behind Taj Mahal... not sure if the video captures the look of the water.

The cab drivers aren't white?? Better deal on web hosting if you pay bill in person?? That's a tad out of my realm... ;)

And we think the traffic in Toronto is bumper to bumper? :eek:
Don't leave your arm out the window or the car beside you will scrap your knuckles off on the door handles.
Tailgating isn't a problem eh?... the speed bumps or is it cracks in the road must make for a smooth ride? :giggle:
Did you bump your head on the headliner more than a few times? :LOL:
Thanks for the videos Bob they're interesting... different world for sure. I just got done shoveling snow away from the door to let the dog out and it's -16 so enjoy the warmth over there. (y)

Last edited:
Random India info
  • New Delhi... more northern, central
  • Greater New Delhi population estimated to be 23 million
  • Garbage trucks only allowed on the road after 9 PM ( I think more trucks, longer hours are needed?, oh and maybe covered loads)
  • once cows stop producing milk they are turned loose as they are sacred ( but too expensive to keep). Cows are everywhere. Recently they have begun to slaughter them.
  • 20190120_073424.jpg20190119_123342.jpg20190119_132246.jpg20190119_105030.jpg20190119_161543.jpg20190119_125513.jpg20190119_162640.jpg20190119_132203.jpg20190119_162021.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks