Stick

packrat

Hi Dave---found this on another board---did you hear anything about this thr the grapevine???

Big creek, is just that, it's big. Lots of creek to explore. I fish it every fall before and after deer hunting and always do well there. You have to put in time, grab a map, and do some hiking.

As for Young's creek, most guys have kept it quiet due to it's small size and tendancy to be over fished. That's not an issue any more because the entire area was just recently bought up buy a private land owner who has posted the entire creek from the first bridge below the dam, all the way to the lake. The only remaining public fishing area is the small 100 yard section from the dam to the bridge.

Another creek lost to land posting.

First I would ??? his info cuz the geography just doesnt seem to add up.[?]

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

A large section is marked no trespassing and the land owner calls the OPP all the time some land is still LPRCA so there's no stopping anyone from fishing there. If you travel very far I would save the gas its not the fishery it once was.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

A large section is marked no trespassing and the land owner calls the OPP all the time some land is still LPRCA so there's no stopping anyone from fishing there. If you travel very far I would save the gas its not the fishery it once was.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Hi Shaun---I'm familiar with the section that has been posted, as for your comment "not like it used to be" got to agree on that---walked some of the portion from iron bridge down. Very skinny water and unless I'm not reading it right very few pockets that could hold fish. Once you get down farther toward 24 the creek has been taken back by Mother Nature---pretty to look at but thats it.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Yeah it's silted in badly and there's a tonne of timber in and over makes it very hard to fish.

boatnonumbers.jpg

Tough fish for sure but it's just like the creeks I learned and grew up on. These days I like bigger water to fight fish in but if everything else is blown at least I don't have to go home and give up. I hadn't heard about a new owner but I guess I should call a buddy of mine who owns some property there and see what's going on.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Ive been fishing down there for the last 6 years ,since I moved to
Port Dover ,Every year it gets less inviting .
Still some big fish, but you really have to work for them.
It does not help when the indians are in there netting and spearing .
But its not only the Indians ,the iron bridge belowe Vittoria is full of spauning beds ,Ive seen guys in the spring going through there on ATV's ,while the fish are on the spauning beds .
IT just pisses me off[:(!]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks